Information Management Project Lead
Morrisville, North Carolina
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon is seeking to hire a Cybersecurity Technology and Information Management Project Lead to join the Security leadership team supporting one of our clients.
The successful candidate for this job will work as part of a team of cyber security professionals supporting a major nationwide networked operation. This team will work together to review, document, and improve the Technology Management processes for a CISO organization within a major, U.S. Government agency.
This position will be filled in Morrisville, NC
NO Relocation is associated with this position
Job responsibilities will include:
- Must be proficient in the CERT Resilience Management Model (RMM), as developed by Carnegie Mellon University, or other Process Improvement, Cyber Resiliency, and/or Cyber Security Control models.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of evaluating security control effectiveness and maturity, achieving process improvement within the organization and developing adherence the established requirements.
- Provide support to the team responsible for documenting, facilitating and evaluating processes and security controls within Cyber security Engineering.
- Review current and proposed security control enhancements for accuracy and integrity.
- Provide advice and insight into the overall management and evaluation of organizational and system security posture.
- Create and review security-process work products and evidence submission packages for proper scoring, demonstrating that the organization has instantiated security requirements and practices for process improvement.
- Facilitate process improvement activities across the CISO organization and enterprise.
- Participate in stakeholder analysis/management, resource management, metrics development, corrective action plan development, risk identification/assessment sessions, and lessons learned sessions
- Identify roadblocks and propose effective solutions
- Compiles project data and reports on status of key projects to management.
- Support the following program areas:
- Asset Definition and Asset Management, including identification and management of cybersecurity and organization information and technology assets
- Cybersecurity Engineering
- Technology Management
- Knowledge and Information Management
- Excellent technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to manage, plan and execute high quality deliverables with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and/or skillset to fulfill the responsibilities identified above
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance.
- 4+ years of experience with Information Systems Security and a Bachelor's degree is required
- 4+ years related experience for G08
- 6+ years related experience for G09
- 8+ years related experience for G10
- Experience with project management of technical and/or cybersecurity programs
- Experience with risk management frameworks, security control reviews, information technology or cybersecurity auditing
- Experience with regulatory compliance, policy development, and policy enforcement
- Experience applying FISMA, PCI, NIST, or similar Information Assurance and/or Information Security standards
- Ability to effectively present information to, and interact well with, different levels of the organization.
- Ability to be assertive to ensure compliance to organization’s process improvement objectives.
- Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- Experience with model-based process development and deployment
- Previous experience with CERT-RMM
- Previous experience with CMMI
- Experience with the following:
- Asset Management
- Security Compliance
- Security Engineering
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Security +, CAP, CISSP, CCSP, or similar professional certification
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
NC - Morrisville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).