IDS/IPS Security EngineerApply Requisition ID 133836BR Date updated 02/14/2019
Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A Security Engineer in IDS/IPS, and preferably SourceFire or TippingPoint technology, is needed to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security engineer and/or analyst who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate, maintain, and deploy IDS and IPS devices. Responsibilities include maintaining the intrusion ruleset, optimizing detection, configuring NGFW ACLs, general device configuration and maintenance, troubleshooting the devices when needed, assisting the analyst teams with investigations, and supporting the Solution Architects with design input and recommendations.
- Prior job experience maintaining and troubleshooting IDS/IPS devices
- Certification in one or more of the following: Security+ or CISSP
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with packet analysis
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols
- On-call availability for network impacting or network outage situations outside of business hours
- Effectively work within a Security team, and support and collaborate with other teams
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Networking+, CEH, GCIH, CCNA Route Switch or CCNA Security, CCNP Route Switch or CCNP Security, CCIE Route Switch or CCIE Security
- Experience with threat analysis, triage, and mitigation
- Understanding of NGFW ACLs
- Experience writing Snort rules
- Proficiency with Wireshark
- Experience with Splunk
- Ability to write clear procedural and technical documentation
- Knowledge of external authentication and user management
- Experience troubleshooting network problems at layers 1, 2, and 3
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Information Technology, Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II;
Security+, CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, SourceFire Certified Professional
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Type Of Job
NC - Morrisville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
U of Arizona - Next Day Screens (Spring 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Old Engineering Building E. University Blvd. Rooms 101, 204, 302 Tucson, Arizona 85719 Type: Campus Screens
UMass Lowell Spring 2019 Career Fair
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: UML Tsongas Center 300 Arcand Drive Lowell, Massachusetts 01852 Type: Campus Career Fair
UT Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2019
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:45 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens
TSTC Waco's Industry Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am CT - 1:00 pm CT Address: TSTC Student Recreation Center 3801 Campus Dr Waco, 76705 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
IDS - Second Annual Career Fair
Time: 8:00 am PT - 5:30 am PT Address: Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School 565 Maple St Danvers, Massachusetts 01923 Type: Professional Career Fair
Referral Interview Day
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Open House