Cyber Threat Intelligence AnalystApply Requisition ID 142416BR Date updated 06/12/2019
A specialist in cyber threat intelligence analysis is needed to support the customer team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner, and someone who can manage multiple efforts while meeting timelines efficiently.
This role would be located in Morrisville, NC (outside Raleigh).
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Provides insights to other team members on nuances of networking technologies, architectures, and network traffic analysis to support other analysts who do not have networking experience.
- Develops models for identifying incident-type activity, of malware or bad actors, using statistical analysis
- Develop dashboards to assist in automation and awareness for incident response
- Reviews incident logs/records mining for patterns
- Researches Internet sources and threat intelligence databases to try and find evidence in customer logs
- Explores patterns in network and system activity through log correlation using Splunk and other tools
- Investigates evidence of threats against Windows, Linux, Database, Applications, web servers, firewalls or other relevant technologies
- Ingest IOC’s to assess impact to organization
- Share IOC’s with internal and external teams for validation and collaboration.
- Guide junior threat analysts.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant intelligence products to the customer to include a variety of intelligence reports, PowerPoint presentations, and various briefings.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- 4+ years related experience for G08
- 6+ years related experience for G09
- 8+ years related experience for G10
- Networking experience, with routing, switching, and analysis experience
- Statistical modeling and analysis experience to infer possible cybersecurity threats
- Experience in analysis in investigations, such as in IT, law enforcement, military intelligence, or business analytics
- Interest in learning about Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, firewall, SIEM etc. log analysis
- Verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team-members
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting
- Understanding of intelligence cycle, Cyber Kill Chain, and Diamond Model
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing
- Experience with, Recorded Future, Tanium, Redseal, Anomali
- An understanding of log data for Sourcefire, Brightmail, Blue Coat, and Tipping Point
- Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA vulnerabilities
- Experience evaluating enterprise networks for IA/security vulnerabilities
- Splunk query-development expertise
- Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
- Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, SEC +, SANS
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Type Of Job
NC - Morrisville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
Fort Hood TAP Mega (Summer) Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood on Fort Hood 24th Street Building #5764 Wainwright Drive Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
IDS Open house Hiring Event at Gillette Stadium
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Gillette Stadium 1 patriot Place, Foxborough, MA , Type: Professional Open HouseRegister
Hiring Our Heroes Fort Gordon Career Summit
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: Gordon’s Conference and Catering Building 18402 19th St Fort Gordon, 30905 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO LACKLAND HIRING FAIR
Time: 10:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Arnold Hall Community Center 1560 Stewart Street, Bldg. 5506 Joint Base San Antonio Lackland, Texas 78236 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CI or FS Polygraph Only Cleared Job Fair
Time: 2:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Hyatt Dulles 2300 Dulles Corner Boulevard Herndon, Virginia 20171 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon in Mckinney: Technology Night at Raytheon
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister