Product / Business Capture ManagerApply Requisition ID 128507BR Date updated 12/20/2018
We are looking for a Product / Business Capture Manager to join our team!
Join a winning team on the Shores of Georgian Bay to help carry a high technology leader to the next level. Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies has enjoyed over 67 years of international market leadership from our facility in Midland, Ontario. Serving USA, European, and other international Customers, we seek highly motivated professionals with strong technical and business skills to contribute to our continued success.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the Product Manager functions within a team environment to develop business exhibiting extensive knowledge of the Optoelectronics market, related customer system and subsystem needs and requirements, capitalizing on company strengths and capabilities. The successful candidate will efficiently qualify potential customers, seek new business opportunities, and lead integrated product teams to prepare and deliver winning proposals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Work with external sales/BD personnel and internal team members to develop winning business capture plans and proposals
- Identify and leverage customer decision-makers and influencers and their interrelationships throughout the business capture process
- Develop and execute customer engagement plans that address customer’s internal factors; external factors; and customer’s perceptions of Raytheon ELCAN to shape procurement decisions and ensure customer success
- Successfully maintain continuity of customer relationships through all phases of capture and transition to contract award
- Drive bid teams in developing a cost effective solution that meets Price to Win and Cost Targets
- Drive the capture team to develop differentiated customer focus solutions based on an analysis of customer issues, hot buttons and key performance parameters; and an assessment of competitors potential solution
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Masters or Bachelor degree in business, engineering or related field
- Adaptable, innovative problem solving skills
- Proven experience identifying and developing new markets
- Successful sales and marketing experience
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Excellent proposal writing and presentation skills
- Proven track record leading system level product development
- International business sales experience an asset
- Ability to learn and understand technical concepts associated with Raytheon ELCAN capabilities, and customer needs
- Strong business analytical skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills; decision making with business acumen
- Powerful planning and negotiating skills suitable for a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to successful outcomes
- Quickly able to assess and develop strategic plans to capitalize on market opportunities
- Effective interpersonal leadership and communication
- Excellent customer management techniques
- Five to ten years’ related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Work, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies, a thought and technology leader in the global optics industry, specializes in technologically sophisticated and superior-quality optical solutions that meet strict military and commercial specifications. Raytheon ELCAN offers superior design and engineering capabilities, proprietary production technologies and fully integrated manufacturing to provide custom, turn-key solutions.
Raytheon ELCAN is part of Raytheon Canada Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN). Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions.
As part of Raytheon Company, ELCAN offers a range of opportunities in areas such as engineering, business development, supply chain management, finance, mission assurance, manufacturing, I.T., human resources and program management, to achieve the best value solution for our customers.
When you join Raytheon, you become part of a talented and highly motivated team of people, who together and individually contribute to Raytheon’s global vision — one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Raytheon offers unique opportunities for career and personal development through dedication to continuous improvement and a dynamic working environment.
Type Of Job
Ontario - Midland
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister