Communications Specialist – Defence Tactical Data NetworksApply Requisition ID 139657BR Date updated 05/08/2019
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Permanent opportunity located in Port Melbourne
The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for the effective and efficient management of a Communications Security (COMSEC) Account. The position will manage all aspects of the account and associated equipment in accordance with the relevant Defence regulations to ensure compliance and availability of equipment as required. The Communications Specialist is a key point of contact for Raytheon Australia with the Commonwealth User Community across all rank levels in relation to Battlefield Tactical Data Communications and Network Centric Warfare (NCW).
- Provide the technical design and operations requirements for complex EPLRS networks that comply with Raytheon and Defence technical standards and security policies.
- Provide diagnostics and fault resolution for hardware and common software services for Operational systems.
- Participate as a member of the on call team (EPLRS Help Desk) to provide after-hours technical support for EPLRS / Defence system.
- May require occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Ability to work with no or minimal guidance independently for extended periods.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Information Technology / Telecommunications
- Qualifications in Radio Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience within Defence or a technical environment
- Experience in a COMSEC Custodian role.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
If you are looking for a great new career opportunity, click the "Apply" button now or contact us at email@example.com. 139657
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - Victoria
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.