Principal Field Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Home location can be anywhere in the US.
· 6+ years relevant experience
· Willingness to travel OCONUS to hazardous/dangerous areas and work long hours with no days off for up to 90 days.
· Must have current TS/SCI clearance with Full Lifestyle Polygraph
· Considerable knowledge and ability to operate and maintain some or all of the following: LAN/WAN systems, message processing systems, Windows NT, Lotus Notes, automated document distribution systems, Automated Information Systems Hardware (servers, workstations, routers, etc.), network management tools, video teleconferencing and telephony and satellite system terminals.
· Operational knowledgeable of tactical satellite systems. Familiar with UHF satellite operations and signal collection equipment.
Ability to monitor and assess technical equipment for security vulnerabilities.
· Knowledge of operation and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and utility systems in support of information systems, transmissions systems, and infrastructure support systems.
· Ability to anticipate, effectively diagnose, isolate, and resolve problems relative to telecommunications and information systems.
· Previous Field and/or Base Station experience with a working knowledge of existing customer regulations.
· Customer support experience for installation, maintaining and operating equipment and understanding overseas security.
· Knowledge of customer equipment with unique experience in Telecommunications and Information Systems Installation, Operation and Maintenance.
· Strong interpersonal skills to resolve complex problems and represent the organization in a professional manner.
· Able to research and write clear, concise and effective written correspondence, procedures and briefings in accordance with current established policies.
Competent plan, set goals and determine strategies for accomplishing results.
· Able to adhere to security and safety standards and applicable communications policies and procedures.
· Understand the process to manage COMSEC property accounts.
· Capable to explain personnel issues and technical procedures and processes, and results of site surveys clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Required Education (including Major):
BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for education (BS degree = 8 years applicable experience). 133543
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Manager - Systems Engineer McLean
- SIGINT Team Lead McLean
- IT Project Manager Dulles, Reston, Herndon, McLean
- Sr Principal Systems Engr Herndon, McLean
- Senior Principal Systems Engineer Sunnyvale, Annapolis Junction, Salt Lake City, Anaheim, McLean
- Web Developer I – UI/UX Chantilly, Herndon, McLean, Reston