Computer Hardware Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon is looking for an experienced Computer Hardware Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraphResearch, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components. Exclude "Computer Software Engineers, Applications" and "Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software". Hardware refers to computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and related equipment such as keyboards, modems, and printers.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
· Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
· Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
· Build, test and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed using computer simulation.
· Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
· Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
· Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
· Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
· Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
· Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
· Provide training and support to system designers and users.
· Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
· Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
· Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
· Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
· Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
· Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
· Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelors Degree in Technical / IT related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E03 or E04 dependent on the experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- (E3) Senior Software Engineer Sunnyvale, McLean
- Principal Cyber Engineer McLean
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer Salt Lake City, McLean
- Application Developer I Chantilly, Herndon, McLean, Reston
- Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer Salt Lake City, McLean
- Applications Developer Programmer Herndon, McLean