Systems Engineer II
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Systems Design teams within the System Design & Performance Directorate has responsibility for programs in the following product lines: Naval and Area Mission Defense, Air Warfare Systems, Land Combat Systems and Air and Missile Defense Systems. Systems Design is responsible for the overall technical integrity of the systems being developed, collaborating with Guidance Navigation Controls; Modeling, Simulation and Analysis; and Signal Processing. System Design & Performance is currently looking for entry level Systems Engineers to provide systems design support for programs in various stages of the product life cycle.
- Requirements decomposition and lower tier requirements derivation for the system. Requirements development and maturation to include subsystem and component level. (through this you learn and communicate how the system is really going to function
- Develop system architectures that meet the system performance and interface requirements
- Perform trade studies on the best solutions to develop the system. (you determine the most efficient design that has the lowest cost)
- Establish verification and validation techniques for requirements at all indentureships of complex systems to include application of simulation, testing, analysis, and demonstration.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Masters of Science in Engineering disciplines, Computer Science, Math or Physics. ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required accreditation standard. A cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required.
- Proven strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Basic Engineering skills and interest in how systems are developed and function
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Matlab and/or C++ experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Strong communication skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to problem solve and seek out additional resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.