Systems Engineer II
Raytheon’s ReLaunch Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 12-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Program participant
- 12 week opportunity with
competitive pay and benefits
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Our section is currently seeking an experienced, qualified electrical engineer to join our team. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the development of test hardware and test software solutions to exercise and analyze deliverable product. Hardware responsibilities include conceptual and detailed design of test positions, test adapters, circuit cards, and cables. Software responsibilities will include test algorithms, test sequences, data reduction, and data analysis. Other responsibilities will include HW/SW integration and post-delivery support of test equipment. The candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and EIs) while working closely with both program and functional supervision to ensure that overall design objectives are met. The candidate must be able to support inception-to-sunset life cycle efforts including proposal generation, conceptual modeling, design, build support, integration, and sell-off activities.
The candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take ownership of assignments. The candidate must also be able to prioritize actions and effectively communicate when assistance is required.
- Minimum 2+ years test hardware development experience with 1+ years of experience in test software development experience
- Proficient in the design of test consoles, test adapters, and/or test cables
- Proficient in the integration of test hardware and test software
- Proficient in the development of test equipment drawings
- Proficient in the development of test procedures
- Proficient in the troubleshooting of equipment, circuit boards, cables, etc.
- Experience in prioritizing and completing several parallel efforts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive toward goals
- Proven to work well in a teaming environment
- Self-motivated - willing to engage customers, partners, and suppliers to achieve results
- Possess process discipline, order, and attention to detail
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experienced with schematic capture (Mentor Graphics)
- Proficient in the use of the NI development suite (LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, TestStand)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering STEM degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be a successful Raytheon ReLauncher? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Relaunch Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Relaunch Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step1Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step2Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step3If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step4If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
- Senior Electrical Engineer I – Power/Analog Dallas, El Segundo, Goleta, McKinney, Fort Wayne, Fullerton
- Electrical Engineer - CCA Design / FPGA Design - Radar McKinney
- Logistics Support Specialist McKinney
- Mgr III Business Communications McKinney
- Secure Systems - Principal Systems Engineer McKinney
- Mgr III Material Program Mgmt McKinney