Sr Eng Logistics Specialist I
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Job Description:
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
WLED seeks a Technical Writer who will develop, update, maintenance, operations and software administration technical manuals for multiple systems based out of McKinney, TX.
Responsibilities will include the development of Army Technical Manuals using Microsoft Word, including but not limited to the following subject matter: system functional theory, operations, preventative and corrective maintenance, software maintenance, and illustrated parts breakdowns from compiled engineering technical reports, drawings, and parts lists.
This individual will also participate in TM verification and validation, customer conferences to ensure manuals conformed to contract requirements, and peer reviews.
In addition, he/she will assist in the development and updating of illustrations, graphics and flow diagrams to support documentation; support contract deliverable documentation; and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to identify and provide technical manual documents to support Organizational tasks.
• 4 years of demonstrated professional experience developing written technical content
• Experience reading electrical schematics and engineering drawings
• Experience with the development of technical documentation
• Ability to travel up to 20% throughout the year
• Must have an existing Secret level security clearance or be able to obtain a security clearance
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience working with multiple disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software, Field Service Technicians, Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
• Experience with Enhanced Automated Graphical Logistics Environment (EAGLE) and/or Eagle Publishing System (EPS)
• Experience with Adobe FrameMaker and/or Illustrator
• Experience with the development of training documentation
• Experience in writing to military specifications
• Experience with XML and/or S-1000D authoring
• XML Schema Development.
• Experience with PTC Arbortext.
• Experience with Radars and related technologies.
• Experience with Adobe Create Suite, Iso-draw, or CAD
• Prior military service is a plus
• Flexibility in work schedule based on program priorities
Required Education (including Major):
BA/BS in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Engineering or STEM, or a major related to this job description. 8+ years of applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Publications & Graphic Arts
Research & Development
Training & Development
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.