Contracts NegotiatorApply Requisition ID 142510BR Date updated 06/13/2019
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of contracts throughout entire life cycle (proposal, negotiation, execution, closeout)
- Participate in and/or support front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Provide support and consultation on contracting issues, including rights, obligations, and means to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Collaborate with multiple functions as part of an integrated team to negotiate and execute contracts with best value and minimal risk.
- Compile and analyze data, maintain historical information, prepare reports, track contract milestones and deliverables, and perform other duties as required to ensure contract compliance.
- Ensure transparency of highlights, issues, and concerns for internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships to drive results
- Travel may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- At least 4 years or equivalent relevant work experience in government contract administration or related field involving proposal preparation, contract negotiation, or day-to-day contract execution.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government acquisition and related regulations, e.g. FAR, DFARS, etc.
- Strong desire to learn, take on challenges and achieve stretch goals.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Self-starter and team player with the ability to work with minimal management oversight.
- High level of critical/analytical thinking skills and sound business judgement.
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements.
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to lead and define effective negotiation strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate and coordinate.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in Business, Finance, or related field
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens