Systems Engineer I
Marlborough, Massachusetts, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Woburn, Massachusetts
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Then you might be ready to begin your professional career as a Systems Engineer within the Whole Life Engineering Directorate, (WLED).
U.S Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Position Title: Systems Engineer I or II
The Systems Engineer will interface with both internal and external customers and attend and brief working groups, Program Design Reviews, and Technical Interface Meetings.
Do you have this Basic Qualification?
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a related engineering curriculum
- The ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
- U.S Citizenship is required.
Do you have any of the following Desired Qualifications?
- Strong analytical skills
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of briefing material
- Internship or co-op experience with a defense contractor and/or government agency
- Ability to influence product design to optimize product supportability
- Familiarity with associated Military and Commercial supportability Standards and Practices
- Ability to review technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with existing standards
- Ability to identify concerns, suggest solutions, and follow through to closure
- Experience with database applications
- Prior military service operating and/or maintaining various defense systems
Be a key contributor to our Whole Life Engineering team
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
Potential areas of specialization include:
- Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- System Safety Engineering
- Software Safety Engineering
- Cost and Affordability Engineering
- Risk and Opportunity Engineering
- Human System Integration Engineering
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineering
- Logistics Engineering
- Obsolescence Engineering
- Field Engineering
-Technical Documentation and Training Engineering
-Logistics Supply and Transportation Engineering
-Repair and Upgrade Engineering
Sound like the kind of team where you can make a significant contribution?
Then you need to apply now. Please join us in our mission!
This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. (Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at www.raytheon.com/campusto determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements).
Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System, FRACAS, Reliability Engineering, Maintainability Engineering, Safety Engineering, Software Safety. Logistics Engineering, Obsolescence Engineering, Cost Engineering, Risk and opportunity.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.