Systems Administrator (Windows/Linux)Apply Requisition ID 100473BR Date updated 07/26/2017
$10,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Collaborate with a diverse team supporting Raytheon's critical and fast-paced programs with classified information system capabilities in a mixed Windows\\Linux based environment.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
- Experience working with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2016 Server
- Experience with Active Directory and group policy management.
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Must possess or be able to obtain a US DoD Secret Clearance. (Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. An active/current security clearance is strongly preferred.
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of other Unix-based operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix)
- Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of operating system provisioning – Cobbler, Ghost, MS MDT
- Working knowledge of system update management – WSUS, SCCM, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of computer system monitoring – Nagios, Retina, etc.
- Working knowledge of compliance assessment tools – ACAS, Nessus
- Working knowledge of unified OS account management technologies – Centrify
- Working knowledge of Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Scripting / programming experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- CISSP Certification
- US DoD Top Secret Clearance
BS/BA Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field; OR 5 years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS 100473
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair