Sr Principal Material ProgramApply Requisition ID 104778BR Date updated 10/11/2017
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. You must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management.
You will be responsible for developing and executing Supply Chain (SC) strategies and plans for capture/proposal efforts and program execution. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Executive, Program Managers, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and the Supply Chain organization and will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. You serve as the leader for all program supply chain activities, and will advise the Business Unit SC Director and Sr. Manager as well as the Program Management Office leadership team on material strategies and plans. You may also be required to direct other MPMs on the program supported activities. You lead the front end of the business SC activities including early SC involvement and early supplier involvement that is focused on Enterprise Subcontract Process Excellence (ESPX) and other strategic sourcing initiatives. The position requires an individual who can exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
You are the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. You will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SC activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various SC functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. You are the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.
Other MPM duties:
- Develop and support Supply Chain proposal activities including task descriptions and basis of estimates to support Price To Win strategies
- Develop and execute Material Program Plans (MPP). Establish and manage Material Sales Forecasts for assigned programs.
- Execute make/buy/where process
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively address program and functional issues.
- Earned Value Management and Financial management, including Material EACs and Material Forecasting
- Minimum 8 years directly related work experience in Supply Chain
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management
- Experience in Integrated Product Team (IPT)/Cross functional teams, including leading an IPT team
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); SAP/PRISM and the Supply Chain suite of tools
- Experience collaborating with Subcontract Administrators and business leadership
- Experience with government regulations (i.e., FAR/DFAR, ITAR/EAR, TINA, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance within one year of start date
- U.S. Citizenship status
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
- Microsoft Project knowledge
- Technical knowledge of related hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedure.
- Previous Procurement/Subcontracts experience
- Major Subcontract, Contract or Program Management experience
- Be a proven problem solver
- Experience with the Supply Chain suite of tools
- Experience developing statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Desired Education: Master's Degree
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 104778
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair