Sr. Multi-Disciplined Engineer II – Air Traffic Control Site Design Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our team that will support industry-leading air traffic systems for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP)worldwide. We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi-disciplined Engineer with strong hardware implementation and deployment background to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team designing site-specific next generation Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Weather Data Reporting systems for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and international ANSPs.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Design and release to production of site-specific ATC hardware system configurations (interconnection diagrams, cable drawings, and bill of materials) for deployment to specific sites
- Lead design discussions and reviews of the system configuration details with the rest of the engineering and deployment team
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and customers in support of system kitting, delivery, installation, and customer selloff
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and field engineering disciplines within Raytheon, external suppliers, and Customers to develop and deliver air traffic automation systems
- Investigate and resolve production-related hardware issues arising from field failure trends, supplier product changes, device configuration issues, incorrect or conflicting documentation, or customer change requests
US Citizenship required.
This position coordinates with multiple stakeholders to create site-specific hardware design and installation instructions for field deployment of ATC systems, primarily in the US. The candidate must also have experience meeting system requirements, schedule deadlines, and project budgets. The position is located in Marlborough, MA.
Required Experience and Skills:
- General knowledge of computing and information technology hardware and specialized installation requirements, challenges, and considerations
- Demonstrated ability to assess system requirements and develop and document detailed system implementations to meet those requirements
- Disciplined approach to system design and configuration management of documentation and ability to check documentation for errors, omissions, and potential installation challenges
- Experience collaborating with hardware and field engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, installers, and customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of hardware documentation structure (e.g. parts lists, family trees, etc.), bill of material (BOM) management, equipment kitting and shipping, and site installation needs
- Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Existing security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience or Master Degree and 4 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).