Sr Cyber Technologist, ISSMApply Requisition ID 133251BR Date updated 02/11/2019
Sr. Cyber Technologist, ISSM
This position is for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) at the Raytheon, Marlborough MA facility. The ISSM is responsible for the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various US Government requirements including (but not limited to): National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and related documentation such as the Office of the Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) Process Manuals, Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, DSS Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM) as well as customer/contract specific Information Assurance (IA) regulations. Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, and delivering information systems security education and awareness. This position manages the IA incident response program as well as interfaces with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
This position can be filled as either a G08 or G09.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- (4+) years of experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP certification or equivalent) within six months of hire date.
- Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
- Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment.
- Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc).
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JSIG, ICD 503, DAAPM, and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Government, and Contractor connections)
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
- Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Desire and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with general supervision
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- CISSP, CISM, Security+ or equivalent 8570 certification
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 6 years related experience in lieu of degree.
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
CANCELLED MSU Spring 2019 Next Day Campus Screens
Time: 8:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: MSU Breslin Center 534 Birch Rd, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 Type: Canceled Events
UTSA Campus Screens - Spring 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 11:30 am CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens
Time: 10:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon Open House Hiring Event - Texas
Time: 3:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Richardson Civic Center 411 W Arapaho Rd Suite 102 Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Professional Open HouseRegister
ASU- Engineering Next Day Screens (Spring 2019)
Time: 8:30 am MT - 4:30 pm MT Address: Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Sun Devil Fitness Complex (SDFCT) 500 E. Apache Blvd. Tempe, Arizona 85281 Type: Campus Screens
Cal State Fullerton Spring 19 Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair