Senior Program Manager - Sustainment & Product SupportApply Requisition ID 93389BR Date updated 02/20/2017
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the Sustainment programs (business expansion, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction) in the Production and Sustainment Programs Area within the Protected Communication Systems (PCS) business (approx. $95M revenue/yr across 6-8 programs). The Sustainment Programs area currently includes the SMART-T, MMPU, CISSC, USC-28, MIDAS and DLA Spares Programs.
The PM will be responsible for developing processes, business models and organizational structures to drive operational execution efficiencies. The PM will also be responsible for developing business plans to expand product and service offerings to capture new business opportunities in programs of record and other related program acquisitions.
The PM must have the ability to be an organizational change agent. Initial tasking includes an understanding of current organizational capabilities, customer sustainment needs and acquisition models. The PM then needs to develop measurable, time phased plans to systematically improve and expand processes, capabilities and develop new business opportunities to meet 5 yr plan AOP objectives. Services include Field Support, Technical Assistance, and Training. Product Support includes HW and SW Maintenance, Depot and Spares Procurement, Repair, Upgrade, Refurbishment and Logistics.
The PM will need to determine what additional business partners are required to execute plans including RTN enterprise resources and outside supplier product and service partners. The positon also needs to leverage the matrix organization to determine customer sustainment funding sources and acquisition plans.
The PM will need to determine how to best align programs personnel to meet customer and business needs while also leading and managing those resources to meet individual career objectives.
The Sustainment PM Leader must deliver on contractual and financial commitments, champion Raytheon’s standards of conduct, and promote a One Company perspective for the most effective solutions to meet customer needs and grow the business.
- 12+ years of professional related working experience, with demonstrated experience leading large, cross functional, matrix’d teams
- 8+ years of program management or related experience in Defense Electronics with direct P&L responsibility
- Experience blending strategy and execution that translates into long-term business growth
- Strong understanding of, and experience with DoD Acquisition policies and approach
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and senior leadership; ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of management and customers
- Thorough understanding and implementation of program leadership best practices and processes to include capture management, engineering development, production operations and mission support activities
- Working knowledge of business and project management tools and processes such as IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, Financial Forecasting and EACs
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain interim DoD Secret prior to start
- U.S. Citizenship Required
U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires a U.S. Security Clearance on day one of employment
- PM Tier III Certification or ability to obtain Tier III Certification within one year of being in role
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent, able to energize organizations to achieve beyond expectations
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time criticality
- Ability to develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations; such as Contracts, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Mission Assurance and other support functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or Business
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or Business
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair