Senior Principal Software Engineer - Digital Signal ProcessingApply Requisition ID 102856BR Date updated 09/06/2017
Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 10+ years or relevant experience
- Multithreaded application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
- Ability to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
- Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
- Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
- Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
- Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
- Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
Keywords: signal processing ,algorithms , C++ ,Linux, Unix, software requirements, design, test specifications, Receiver, Exciter
Source Code - DSP091417, Source Code: DSPEVENTSRAYIDS 102856
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
ASU Fulton Engineering Career Fair, Spring 2018
Time: 12:00 pm MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Memorial Union, 2nd Floor 301 E. Orange Street Tempe, Arizona 85281 Type: Campus Career Fair
UCLA SWE Info Session
Time: 6:00 pm PT - 7:30 pm PT Address: UCLA , Type: Information Session
U. Maryland, College Park - Computer Science Career Fair (Spring 2018)
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center 3501 University Blvd. East Computer Science 2/20/18 (RAYTHEON) College Park , Maryland 20742 Type: Campus Career Fair
Michigan State Engineering EXPO - Spring 2018
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Engineering Building 428 S Shaw Lane East Lansing, Michigan 48824 Type: Canceled Events
UT Arlington Engineering Career Fair - Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Maverick Activities Center 500 W. Nedderman Drive Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Career Fair
UT Austin CNS Career Fair - Spring 2018
Time: 1:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Frank Erwin Special Events Center 1701 Red River 78712 Austin, Texas 78712 Type: Campus Career Fair