TEMPEST Sr Principal Electrical EngineerApply Requisition ID 102345BR Date updated 08/25/2017
Senior Principal Engineer (EMI/ EMC Electromagnetic Interference) - Domestic and International Programs
This position is based with the Raytheon IDS Electrical Design Directorate Seapower and Electronic Systems Department in Marlborough, MA. Our engineers develop state of the art technology in support of multiple programs, international and domestic, deployed throughout the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer in the field of EMI/ EMC electromagnetic interference/ electromagnetic compatibility. The candidate should possess at least 10 years of experience in this field with 10 years of engineering experience and have experience with both military and commercial standards, including but not limited to MIL-STD-461F and above, MIL-STD-464C and above, EN5550X, EN61000-XX and FCC Part 15. A critical skill will be ability to perform analysis with respect to NSTISSAM TEMPEST/2-95 and experience with the Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) and NSA TAG certified TEMPEST Professional Level 1 or 2.
Additional areas of expertise will include experience in the design and verification analysis of EMI/EMC, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Personnel (HERP), and Hazards of Electromagnetic to Ordnance (HERO), Lightning, EMP and High Altitude EMP, Shielding effectiveness and ESD. Also desirable would be familiarity with TEMPEST filter designs and isolation techniques.
Additional skills required include a background in E3/ TEMPEST testing, including test plan development, test execution and report generation.
- 5+ years of experience in field of TEMPEST analysis including NSA TAG certification TEMPEST professional Level 1.
- 10+ years of experience in the field of EMI/ EMC including Electrostatic Discharge, Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation (RADHAZ) , Lightning, EMP and High Altitude EMP analysis and/ or test.
- Familiarity with both Military and commercial standards including but not limited to MIL-STD-461F and above, MIL-STD-464C and above, EN5550X, EN61000-XX and FCC Part 15.
- Familiarity with design simulation tools including AutoCAD, Mathcad, MatLab, FloEMC, XFDTD, EMPro, ANSYS and NEC4.
- Basic project planning and tracking experience
- Secret Security Clearance
- NSA TAG certification TEMPEST professional Level 2
- NARTE Engineering Electromagnetic Compatibility/Interference (EMC/EMI) Certification
- 10+ years of EMC and design experience
- Background in E3 testing including test plan development, test execution and report generation
- Active Security Clearance
- BS in Engineering, Science or Mathematics plus 10 years experience
- MS in Engineering, Science or Mathematics with 5 years experience
- PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics with 5 years experience
If your background fits the required qualifications, we encourage and welcome you to apply today.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
The Engineer as Executive
Danielle Curcio credits her penchant for problem-solving and willingness to take on new challenges for her unique position as a top executive engineer at Raytheon. Learn More
Six myths abut being a woman in engineering: Career offers upward mobility, great pay and respect
What's a typical "engineer" look like? Some might picture a cubicle-dwelling, introverted nerd. And engineers are also all men, right? Learn More
Engineers Building a Better World
Raytheon Chairman and CEO Thomas A. Kennedy, a UCLA engineering alumnus, gave the school's commencement address. Learn More
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair