Senior Mechanical EngineerApply Requisition ID 102264BR Date updated 08/23/2017
Raytheon’s Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) provides engineering design, integration and production capabilities to a wide range of hardware in Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS).
In IDS, the Hardware Engineering Process Group (HEPG) is responsible for process definition, development and implementation, performance analysis, training, and improvement across electrical and mechanical design centers throughout the country. Assignments may include involvement in a variety of local, cross-discipline, and company-wide initiatives.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- This position will require defining, developing, and deploying hardware processes, mentoring programs in process planning and implementation, and reporting and analyzing hardware design performance measures.
- Participate in hardware (mechanical) design, use metrics to manage performance, and apply six sigma process and statistical analysis techniques to metrics such as defect containment and productivity and to train and mentor others in application and interpretation.
- Communicate/present data, summary-level analysis, and improvement recommendations to various levels of Hardware Engineering management.
- 4+ years of experience in hardware design and development environment
- Experienced user of MS Office
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – particularly in areas of teaching and mentoring
- Ability to train and mentor others
- Ability to identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to work proactively (self-motivated) in a collaborative environment balancing different customer needs while remaining results focused
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance; pre-existing secret clearance is ideal
- Experience in Mechanical design process and/or program office
- Experience in Raytheon Six Sigma process and continuous improvement
- Experience with the CMMI model and appraisal methods
- Experience in the application of measures in hardware/mechanical design
- Statistical process control theory and practical application and the ability to train and mentor others in the application and interpretation of SPC XL.
- Proactive agent of change willing to work with cross-functional engineering teams
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair