Radar Engineer, Principal Systems Engineer - DSPApply Requisition ID 104089BR Date updated 09/26/2017
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the System Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Surveillance Radar programs in our Marlboro, Woburn and Tewksbury MA locations. System Engineers in this position will be responsible for supporting radar system concept development, architectural design, requirements generation and flow down, modeling and simulation, systems analysis, integration, test and evaluation. The successful candidate will be expected to perform system engineering trades studies to determine solutions to technical issues, and work within multi-discipline development teams across multiple locations to coordinate the development and integration of products, support customer intimacy for areas of responsibility.
This position is posted as a SADID opportunity, however the candidate would be considered for departments within SADID based on the departmental needs.
This position can be a Salary Grade G10 or G11 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics and 8(+) years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Design, development, and analysis of radar system and software architectures
- Experience with signal processing techniques in complex propagation environments
- Design, implementation and testing of algorithms for detection, discrimination and tracking systems
- Modeling and simulation of system designs to demonstrate performance metrics
- Prior experience with DoD Radar Design and Development Programs
- Design experience in the following radar system areas; antenna, receiver/exciter, waveforms, digital beamforming, multi-sensor track management and data fusion, adaptive signal processing, clutter mitigation techniques, electronic attack and electronic protect, sensor resource management and mission planning
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined, technical team with the ability to develop, empower, motivate and monitor the team.
- Familiarity with IPDS, internal reviews and gate reviews (particularly associated with SRR, PDR and CDR).
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience creating SysML based models
- Knowledge of and ability to work within the Agile Scrum development practice
- Proven experience with current air defense programs with specific experience in large, complex systems
- Previous military service with US Army Patriot or other military system
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and IBM Architecture/Requirements Tools (DOORS, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Publishing Engine, etc.)
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
DSP091417, Source Code: DSPEVENTSRAYIDSThe Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
All job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat one another.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
MA - Tewksbury
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair