Protected Communications System Product Line DirectorApply Requisition ID 104342BR Date updated 10/03/2017
The Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) Mission Area is seeking a Product Line Director to lead the Protected Communication Systems (PCS) Product Area. The Sr. Program Director will be responsible for the strategic leadership and overall execution of PCS business that accounts for approx. $500M in annual revenues ($2.8B in 5 yr plan).
Responsibilities include managing a growing programs portfolio of approx. 26 programs and an organization of 34 Program Leadership personnel involved in the opportunity capture, product development, production and life cycle sustainment of Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Terminals, Submarine Masts (for AEHF & X-Band), Digital Red Switch Network (DRSN), Presidential and Nation Voice Conferencing (PNVC), Multi-Level Security (MLS) voice and Video Conferencing, E-2C/D Mission Computers.
The PCS customer base includes the Air Force, Army, Navy including domestic and FMS programs as well as contracts with a number of defense industry prime contractors. The position is located in Marlborough, MA with approx. 80% of the programs located in Marlborough, 20% located in Largo, FL.
The PCS business has more than 30 Years Expertise in Protected SATCOM and Multi-level Security.
- Developed, Manufactured and Fielded Every AEHF Terminal in Use Today
- Enabling Deterrence in NC3 environment
- Market Leader in MLS VoIP/Secure Voice - Defense Red Switch Network, PNVC Solutions/Products, E-4B/E-6B Multi-Level Security (MLS) Communications
- Evolutions to Low SWaP-C Multifunction Systems
- Leading the way for Protected Tactical SATCOM
- MLS Video Conferencing Capability
- Multi-Beam Common Datalink AESA and Modems
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading a team of program management directors and program managers in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of the PCS programs and products portfolio.
- Maintain and improve customer relationships with the DoD acquisition customer base, DoD industry primes and end-user communities, including FMS customers.
- Drive program execution focus and growth focus through a rigorous business cadence of program and functional reviews
- Drive and execute plans for strategic investment to capture emerging market needs while maintaining core business base.
- Pursue/capture new business both domestically and internationally.
- 16+ combined years of professional related working experience in Program Management, Engineering leadership, and Capture Management
- Progressive program management/ leadership experience with development, production, and sustainment programs. International Customer experience a plus
- Proven experience in capturing new business/program(s), proposals, and customer engagement
- Strong background and experience in program management techniques (full Profit & Loss responsibilities) and working in a matrixed environment
- Proven demonstration of leadership competencies, especially influential communications, strategic thinking, cultivating innovation, collaboration, developing talent, customer focus, and driving results
- Must obtain Program Management Certification, in accordance with RP-248
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- SATCOM technical domain knowledge
- Level 2 PM certification
- Level II EV Certification
- DoD Top Secret Clearance with special access
- MBA or Advanced Technical Degree preferred
Required education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair