Principal Systems EngineerApply Requisition ID 100921BR Date updated 08/03/2017
The RAM/FRACAS Lead Engineer ensures performance compliance of both customer and internal requirements. In this role the person will provide RAM & FRACAS consultation by conducting the following tasks, as necessary, in order to influence product reliability:
- Developing innovative technical solutions to unusually complex reliability problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity with little to no supervision.
- Facilitating and leading the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), which includes failure data collection/analysis, failure analysis, root cause & corrective action determination, facilitation of corrective action implementation, failure investigation reporting.
- Providing technical direction to team members and removing road blocks that impede forward progress on investigations.
- Facilitating and leading multi-discipline teams on failure investigations to identify root cause of problems and corrective actions
- Performing internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues.
- Preparing for and chairing Failure Review Board (FRB) meetings to discuss details of failures and failure trending with both internal and external customers.
- Representing Raytheon Company at customer meetings as applicable.
- Performing reliability analyses as applicable, including, but not limited to:
- Conducts data analysis and trending
- Perform RAM trade-off analyses
- Assess RAM performance (MTBF, MTBCF, Ao)
- Define/allocate RAM requirements
- Perform Reliability Predictions
- Perform Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Support Reliability Test Planning and Execution (Accelerated, Growth, Demonstration)
- Providing support to proposals.
- Eight (8)+ years’ experience of related engineering experience
- Experience working on and leading large teams
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and presenting data from a variety of sources
- Experience in a cross functional team environment
- Experience in technical document and report generation
- Experience in interpreting circuits and engineering drawings
- Eligibility to obtain Secret Clearance
- Certification in the area of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability.
- Experience assessing RAM performance of fielded equipment.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its implementation.
- Experience using Windchill Quality Solutions suite of tools.
- Active Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain Secret Clearance
- Proactive and effective in addressing reliability issues with the program design and support teams
- Working knowledge across multiple support engineering disciplines
- Excellent technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or other technical discipline
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
MA - Tewksbury
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair