Principal Mechanical EngrApply Requisition ID 138285BR Date updated 04/23/2019
The successful candidate will perform conceptual and detailed Mechanical design, analysis and documentation of hardware and systems under minimal supervision while collaborating and interfacing with other mechanical engineers, designers, structural / thermal analysts, engineers from other disciplines as well as with line and program management and customers. Duties will regularly include, (but are not limited to):
- Lead and own the design, documentation, and implementation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design.
- Solve complex technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity while applying sound technical judgement.
- Conduct thermal and structural analysis utilizing hand calculations and industry standard tools.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external peer reviews.
- Provide support to testing, subcontractors, and the factory.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and conduct activities to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's processes.
- Executing as part of, or leading/managing, a small team during product development, drawing generation, drawing release, and drawing change incorporation.
- Actively work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Customers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
- Provide supervision and leadership to junior engineers.
- Manage to cost and schedule requirements of assigned tasks.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis, or manufacturing.
- At least 5+ years of experience designing and developing military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
- At least 5+ years of experience conducting thermal analysis of military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling and drawing, (PTC CREO) and experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex design problems.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact productively with other team members across various disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively, (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires access to U.S. only data systems as well as obtaining a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in design and development of multi-layer digital and RF Circuit Card Assemblies (conduction and convection cooled).
- Experience in a product data management environment (PTC Windchill).
- Experience with Raytheon policies and processes.
- Experience in Task Management or other Lead roles.
- Experience performing structural analysis on circuit card assemblies and chassis assemblies using ANSYS.
- Able to identify and communicate technical issues and risks that may impact cost, schedule, or other aspects of product design.
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system.
Bachelors of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Masters of Science (MS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Indy Pride Career Fair 2019
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Indiana Historical Society 450 West Ohio Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Online People with Disabilities Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Recruit Military - Boston Veterans Job Fair - Foxbourgh, MA
Time: 11:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: Gillette Stadium 1 patriot Place, Foxborough, MA Foxborough, MA, Massachusetts 02035 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Networking Event - Dayton Ohio
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 7:00 pm PT Address: TJ Chumps 1100 E Dayton Yellow Springs Rd Fairborn, Ohio 45324 Type: Networking EventRegister
New Mexico State U., Resume Reviews
Time: 1:00 pm MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: NMSU The Engineering Learning Communities Rooms 345 & 351 Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Screens
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Screaming Eagle
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 134 National Business Parkway, Suite 100 Annapolis Junction, Maryland 20701 Type: Professional Career FairRegister