Mgr Electrical Engrg - Section Manager
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Radar, Controls & Electronics Department is seeking an electrical engineering leader with experience in engineering management, design, test, and integration. The Radar, Controls & Electronics Section Manager will have advanced technical knowledge in a relevant area of electrical engineering and an understanding of the impact of this work on other areas of the organization. In addition the candidate should demonstrate organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will manage a section of 15 to 20 engineers. Tasks will include resource and manpower planning, career development of employees, performance and appraisal evaluations, developing training curricula, technical mentoring, and leadership skill development.
Other responsibilities include technical problem solving, project leadership, proposal writing, pursuing new business, managing budgets and schedules as the leader of development teams, and leading organizational initiatives. The candidate should expect to work closely with other section managers, the department manager, the program management office, senior managers, senior staff engineers, systems engineers, and other development team members.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- 10+ years of experience related to this job description
- Demonstrated technical expertise in digital signal processing, FPGA design, CCA design, COTS development, integration and test of radar hardware, and/or system architecture
- Experience managing cost and schedule
- Experience leading functional or cross-disciplinary teams to meet organizational goals and project needs
- Familiarity with electrical hardware design process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Raytheon policies and procedures
- Experience in line management or Integrated Product Team leadership
- Experience with manpower planning and staffing forecasts
- Experience developing hardware in a DoD environment
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation tools such as Saber, PSpice, LTSpice, or similar
- Experience with circuit card design in Mentor Graphics Xpedition or similar
- Experience with DoD contract proposal activities and bidding process
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems
- Active secret clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a STEM Major
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Software Engineer II Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Quality Assurance Engr I Andover, Tewksbury, Woburn
- Quality Assurance Engr I Andover, Tewksbury, Woburn
- Administrative Specialist Tewksbury
- Sr Electrical Engineer - Test Equipment Design Tewksbury
- Principal Electrical Engr - Test Equipment Design Tewksbury