Mechanical Engineer I
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
This is an entry level mechanical engineering position in the PCS Hardware Department. The candidate will support the hardware engineering team in the design and development of land, sea and airborne based equipment for DoD and Government Communications Systems. The team develops and integrates electronic equipment on both mobile and stationary platforms. They perform research, design/development, analysis (static/dynamic structural, thermal), 3D modelling and transition to production. The tasks include involvement with mechanical concepts, detail design, hardware selection, documentation and testing.
- Experience with mechanical design CAD tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and be able to work in a team environment
- Some experience using Microsoft Office Products
- Eligibility/Ability to obtain a security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with PTC CREO CAD tool
- Technical experience through prior internships
- Some prior leadership experience
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- The ideal candidate should possess all of our Basic Qualifications, and one or more of the desired qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.