Mechanical Engineer ( design, Creo, Pro-E)
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Are you a mechanical engineer who’s ready to take on a challenging role to help defend our nation? Are you ready for the challenge of designing, developing, and building future radar systems?
The Antenna and Sensors Department designs some of the most innovative land-based and shipboard radars in the world.
The Antenna and Sensors Department within Mechanical Engineering is seeking a motivated and driven individual with experience in hardware design and analysis. Proven problem solving skills and experience in hardware design, engineering analysis, and mechanical drawing creation are key requirements for this position. Engineers will be expected to make sound and comprehensive decisions under the supervision and guidance of senior engineers. Individual will interface primarily with other mechanical and materials engineers, but will often be required to collaborate with structural and thermal analysts, as well as electrical and manufacturing engineers.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis or manufacturing
- Proficient with CREO (Pro-E) and Product Data Management ( PDM)
- Experience with radar, antenna or pedestal design
- Experience with electronics packaging and/or thermal management
- Experience with structural and/or cooling system design
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of military and commercial design, materials, and process specifications
- Demonstrates ability to apply academic engineering knowledge to solve design issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design and analysis
- Able to make sound technical decisions
- Proficient in knowledge of mechanical engineering design processes
- Proficiency and applied knowledge in the areas of thermal, structural, or process engineering
- Demonstrated experience within a team environment
- Able to interact well with team members across various disciplines, including electrical engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and the program office
- Manages schedule and commitment dates for individual tasks
- Able to Identify and communicate technical issues that may impact budget, schedule, and/or other aspects of the design
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, providing detailed engineering design/analysis of multiple tasks within a program at any given time
- Demonstrated analytical design/drawing skills including tolerance analysis
- Good presentation and technical writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Mechanical Engineer I Andover, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Sr. Multi-Disciplined Engineer I – Air Traffic Control Site Design Engineer Marlborough
- Sr. Multi-Disciplined Engineer II – Air Traffic Control Site Design Engineer Marlborough
- Principal Mechanical Engr Marlborough
- Software Engineer II Marlborough
- Contracts Negotiator Marlborough