Manager II, Cyber Security, ISSO team MRLApply Requisition ID 132312BR Date updated 02/25/2019
Manager II, Cyber Security
Raytheon IDS - Marlborough, MA
Information Assurance Cyber Security Team
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Manager at the Raytheon, Marlborough, MA facility. The ISSO Manager is responsible for the Cyber Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various US Government (USG) requirements including (but not limited to): National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and related documentation such as the Office of the Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) Process Manuals, DSS Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM). Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
This position will be responsible for managing the ISSO team. Successful candidate will be responsible for communicating within IDS with Engineering, Program Managers/CAMs, IT and other GSS organizations. Collaborate and coordinate workload, priorities and budget; including development of Basis of Estimates (BOE).
Responsibilities include staffing, training, daily oversight and performance development. Individual shall be knowledgeable in regulations and standards (i.e.., DAAPM, RMF, STIGs, etc.) and have the ability to train the ISSO team on these requirements and standards. In addition to supervising the ISSO team this position will perform ISSO and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) tasks as needed.
Capped budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy. Amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage of our process.
- 8 years of related experience
- Currently holds a US SECRET Clearance, except in rare cases only US Citizens are eligible to receive US Secret Clearances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP, CISM, or other) within six months of hire date
- Experience in supporting various system configurations under DAAPM and/or JSIG requirements for Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Network environments.
- Experience with Development of IA Policies and Procedures
- Experience with the Preparation of Certification and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and/or Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Experience with Performance Development
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management Ability
- Experience with professional mentorship and coaching
- Ability to apply strategic thinking in order to effectively manage staffing and funding plans
- Ability to develop and defend Basis of Estimates (BOE) and perform budgeting tasks
- Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc).
- Working experience with operating systems/applications; Windows, Linux, Solaris, Virtual
- Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment
- Experience with development and delivery of IA related briefings and training material
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, DAAPM, JSIG, DIACAP, Risk Management Framework
- Experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree.
- Significant directly applicable experience will be considered in lieu of degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website: https://stepp.dss.mil/SelfRegistration/Login.aspx
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
- Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
- Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
- Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
FORT BRAGG TRANSITION EXPO AND HIRING FAIR
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Iron Mike Fort Bragg Conference & Catering Center 2658 Reilly Road Fort Bragg, North Carolina 28310 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 2265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
RMS Open House - Phoenix
Time: 2:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert 1800 South SanTan Village Parkway Gilbert, Arizona 85295 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Open House
Fort Lee HIRE VETS NOW Career Fair
Time: 11:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET Address: Fort Lee Soldier Support Ceter B Avenue, Bldg. 3400, Room 125 Fort Lee, Virginia 23801 Type: Professional Career Fair
Directed Energy to DC (DE2DC)
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair