Information Technology Systems Administrator I/II
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
This role will include tasks like the following:
- Build Unix/Linux-based production clients and/or servers
- Build Windows-based production clients and/or servers
- Maintain, configure and install Linux & Windows workstations, servers and peripherals (i.e. raid disks, tape drives, cd/dvd, communication hardware/software)
- Complete tech support and task based tickets
- Ensure server and application compliance with new security, performance, or program requirements
- Convert, upgrade, and migrate to new systems
- Maintain technical documentation on all computing environments
- International or Domestic travel (potential)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S., DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Candidate must obtain a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Management or related degree by summer 2018 or have graduated 18 months prior to start date. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition.
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
- Min. of GPA 3.0
- Fundamental knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Curiosity, problem solving, desire to learn new skills
- Any relevant experience or internship
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working in a team to quickly address technical challenges
- Solid organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10, Server 2012R2)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of LINUX operating system
- Scripting / programming experience
- Basic understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Language expertise in addition to English
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.