Electrical Engineer II / Sr Electrical Engineer I - Power & Electronic SystemsApply Requisition ID 102357BR Date updated 09/06/2017
Raytheon IDS Electrical Engineering Power and Electronics Systems is seeking an Electrical Engineer with experience in power electronic circuits and systems development. The candidate should be comfortable working with custom and commercial off-the-shelf hardware designs to achieve system requirements. Responsibilities include working closely with a team of engineers to develop proven designs based on system performance and operational specifications. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of design experience, electronics knowledge, and hands-on laboratory skills.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will collaborate with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or development effort. Our engineers are assigned to a section manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members’ performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees’ interests with current needs of the project teams.
This position requires experience in the following:
• Design and development of electrical hardware including analog electronics, power converters, power conditioners, or power distribution systems.
• Modeling and simulating using PSPICE, MATLAB/Simulink, or similar computer based tools.
• Using test equipment to verify the performance of analog electronics or power system hardware.
• US Citizenship is required; this position requires the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
It is desirable that the candidate have the following:
• 4+ years experience in analog electronics, power electronics, or power system development.
• Hardware development experience in a DoD environment.
• Experience generating technical documentation and reports.
• Experience working with procurement and manufacturing as well as external suppliers to ensure proper implementation of product designs.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team.
• Existing US security clearance.
Minimum Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G07 (Electrical Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Senior Electrical Engineer I) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Possible career paths for an Electrical Engineer include technical and management tracks. This position may include the following roles:
• Hardware design, modeling, and simulation
• Hardware test and design verification
• Task lead
• Production support
• Field support, test, and debug
• Interfacing with suppliers/vendors
Raytheon’s Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies.
The Power and Electronic Systems Department in the EDD has responsibility for electrical design including the following areas:
• Power System Design - Power System Noise, System Simulation and Modeling, Solid State Transmitters, Tube Transmitters, High Voltage Design, Power Sources, Generators
• Power Conversion - AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies, Power Factor Correction (PFC), Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS), Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
• Power Distribution - Ground, Air, Shipboard, and Space, Power Generation, Line Voltage, High Current, Low Voltage, Micro-Power, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Protection Circuits, Redundant Systems
• Power Sub-System Design - Filters, Harmonic Control, EMI, Circuit Simulation, Magnetics, Protective Relay Systems, Short Circuit and Stress Analyses
• Control Systems – Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
The Engineer as Executive
Danielle Curcio credits her penchant for problem-solving and willingness to take on new challenges for her unique position as a top executive engineer at Raytheon. Learn More
Six myths abut being a woman in engineering: Career offers upward mobility, great pay and respect
What's a typical "engineer" look like? Some might picture a cubicle-dwelling, introverted nerd. And engineers are also all men, right? Learn More
Engineers Building a Better World
Raytheon Chairman and CEO Thomas A. Kennedy, a UCLA engineering alumnus, gave the school's commencement address. Learn More
- View all events
ASU Fulton Engineering Career Fair, Spring 2018
Time: 12:00 pm MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Memorial Union, 2nd Floor 301 E. Orange Street Tempe, Arizona 85281 Type: Campus Career Fair
UCLA SWE Info Session
Time: 6:00 pm PT - 7:30 pm PT Address: UCLA , Type: Information Session
U. Maryland, College Park - Computer Science Career Fair (Spring 2018)
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center 3501 University Blvd. East Computer Science 2/20/18 (RAYTHEON) College Park , Maryland 20742 Type: Campus Career Fair
Michigan State Engineering EXPO - Spring 2018
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Engineering Building 428 S Shaw Lane East Lansing, Michigan 48824 Type: Canceled Events
UT Arlington Engineering Career Fair - Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Maverick Activities Center 500 W. Nedderman Drive Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Career Fair
UT Austin CNS Career Fair - Spring 2018
Time: 1:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Frank Erwin Special Events Center 1701 Red River 78712 Austin, Texas 78712 Type: Campus Career Fair