Consulting Configuration AnalystApply Requisition ID 104427BR Date updated 10/06/2017
Job Title: Consulting Configuration Analyst
Raytheon Company’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The Mechanical Engineering Directorate uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
- Provide Hardware Configuration Management (CM) support for the Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business area in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- Perform all aspects of Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation
- Establish and coordinate Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware
- Manage engineering drawings, specification and software/firmware, including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation
- Maintain configuration control of Technical Data Packages (TDP)
- Maintain data within the Common Product Data Management (PDM), status accounting systems
- Maintain configuration status accounting documentation; and supporting customer reviews and audits.
- Coordinate and work with Program Office, Chief Engineering, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Software Engineering, Operations, Quality and other CDMs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- 8+ years of related configuration management experience
- Experience with standards and processes, such as described in EIA-649, Configuration Management Standard
- Experienced in maintaining product structure and correcting errors within CSA data base, Windchill Product Data Management experience preferred.
- Experienced in interpreting a Contract, and Statement of Work (SOW) and writing flow down CM requirements in configuration management plan and subcontractor SOW.
- Experience with generating Metrics and Reports through CSA tools
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active Secret Clearance
- NDIA Certification
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficient in use of elementary features of Adobe Acrobat
- Able to conduct Independent Reviews for HWCM Function
- Able to generate and deliver customer presentations
- Able to develop proposal estimates and apply EAC tools and processes
- Able to interpret engineering drawing practices and apply them to work products under formal control.
- Able to tailor HW CM processes to program requirements
- Skilled in providing guidance to program engineers on the application of the Project Drafting Specification to the program's drawings
- Able to lead leading Engineering Review Boards and Change Control Boards
- Able to negotiate CM requirements throughout the lifecycle of the program
- Able to guide less experienced Configuration Analyst on CM processes
- Able to provide risk and opportunity assessments
- Ability to interpret scheduling and milestone requirements
- Experience handling proprietary/classified data
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of Raytheon’s Engineering Management System (EMS), Program Gating Process, and CM/DM Processes
- Working knowledge of Program Management Best Practices
- Working knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Can work in a team-based environment consisting of organizational and outside customer contacts to meet project goals.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels
- Strong people and change agent skills
- Sense of urgency; ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent combination of related experience and education (each two years of related experience can substitute for one year of education).
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair