Authorization Owner / Export Licensing & Compliance (ELC) Advisor - SeapowerApply Requisition ID 104728BR Date updated 10/06/2017
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Global Trade Licensing for the Seapower (SCS) business unit and will be located in Portsmouth, RI or Marlborough, MA. Our Authorization Owner / ELC Advisor will be responsible for the management of Agreements & Authorizations under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and working with the Global Trade Managers to develop export and import strategies to support international programs and capture efforts. Work closely with internal customers to develop export and import approvals that allow for the efficient export of technical data, hardware, and services. Apply international trade regulations to real-life situations to enable international business to support export programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with multiple business functions for success.
This position can be a salary grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skill, experience and responsibility requirement for the position.Relocation support is available for the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy. The “relo” budget is capped at $15,000.00.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to manage day-to-day execution of Agreements under oversight by a Global Trade Manager and is accountable for ensuring compliance for all activities under the Agreement.
- Gathers accurate information from potential foreign licensees in conjunction with Contracts, Supply Chain Management, Business Development / Capture Managers and / or Program Management as needed.
- Furnishes to the Global Trade Manager (Empowered Official) all information that is required to submit an Agreement / Amendment / Rebaseline application to DDTC.
- Preparing and submitting license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements and other requests for approval to the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Control Licensing, and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security and providing status updates to the programs/requestors.
- Ensure review of the draft Agreement / Amendment with the applicable Business Unit functions and the foreign licensees prior to submission.
- Obtains signed Agreements and other documentation from foreign licensees (e.g., DSP-83s and ITAR NDAs signed by their Sublicensees and DN / TCN employees for both foreign licensees and Sublicensees, as required) as applicable from customers, prime contractors or parties and provides to EXIM for record keeping in RGEMS.
- Monitors changes to Agreement of any changes affecting the Agreement upon knowledge of the change.
- Tracks employees performing activities authorized under the Agreement and ensures those employees have reviewed and acknowledged in writing the Raytheon Authorization Management Plan (RAMP) in RGEMS prior to use of the Agreement.
- Identifies and documents approved transfer mechanisms and ensures records of all Export transactions (e.g., technical data Exports and defense services) are maintained and documented within RGEMS or in accordance with EXIM approved record keeping processes.
- Providing consistent interpretation of Customs Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Foreign Assets Control Regulations, Anti-boycott Regulations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Regulations, Foreign Trade Statistical Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations to Business Unit employees.
- Assisting with the development of licensing strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshoreprocurement and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles.
- Coordinates and gathers information as required under Global Trade Compliance guidelines to ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations and Raytheon policy.
- Developing and delivering training as required for employees engaged in international business activities.
Location: Portsmouth, RI; Marlborough. MA
- 2+ years export / import related experience and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs) - 4 years of total professional work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-functional teams working on export/import issues with an ability to drive issues to conclusions
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments
- Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance within one year of start date - US Citizenship required
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Application of basic business principles and concepts
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, international relations, political science, history, or similar - Directly applicable experience - at least 6 years in Export licensing will be considered in lieu of degree.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cleareancejobs Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - San Diego Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: Scottish Rite Event Center 195 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, California 92108 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon Finance, Estimating and Pricing Virtual Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Recruit Military - Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th Street and Wainwright Dr. Ft. Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon: Veterans AUSA CALIBRE Conference
Time: 11:00 am PT - 1:00 pm PT Address: AUSA Mail Center/Job Fair Attn: Vanessa Gibson 2425 Wilson Blvd. Suite 111 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech - ECE Career Fair Spring 2018
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair