Service Architect - ContractApply Requisition ID 156516BR Date updated 02/14/2020
Location – Manchester
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Business Group and help grow a new area of capability. We are looking for an experienced Service Architect to join our Space Missions Systems Team in order to work on future space mission bids. You will be involved in the development of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) and Small Satellite systems through the full system development lifecycle. You will be developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team you will be part of an energetic and growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further your career aspirations and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Act as the Space Service Architect for the Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team
- Support the C&I Space Missions Systems System Design Authority (SDA)
- Lead the development of Service Architectures within SATCOM and SmallSat business
- Define the Service Approach – the Services to be performed, products to be delivered and acceptance criteria for 3rd party services.
- Ensure that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in Service Architecture development.
- Production of Service Breakdown Structures for the delivery of SATCOM services.
- Lead on the preparation of Service Management plans in liaison with business architecture and project staff
- Preparation of Service Baseline Architectures and Service Transition Plans
- Provide advice on technical aspects of Service Integration and Management (SIaM) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Service Design/Architecture experience
- Service Implementation background
- Service Management Tool Design & Specification experience
- In-depth Problem Solving skills
- The ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectivity is required
- Knowledge of ITIL v3, TOGAF or eTOM Frameworks
- Understanding of Service Integration and Management (SIaM) processes
- Past knowledge of SKYNET MilSatCom Ground systems and operations
In addition, you should display the following key behaviours:
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Contribute ideas that promote innovation.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Currently hold SC clearance
- Willing to learn.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
- BSc in an Engineering discipline, Software/Systems Engineering or equivalent
From missile warning and intelligence to weather, navigation and beyond, Raytheon space solutions deliver mission breakthroughs. Our ability to create and enhance space systems that incorporate transformative, next-generation technologies keeps our customers ahead of the threat. And by integrating commercial and open-source tech into our solutions, we're making the space domain more accessible - and affordable - than ever. We are invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology and as a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, continue to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance 156516BR 156516
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Manchester
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens