HR Generalist (C&I)Apply Requisition ID 149423BR Date updated 11/08/2019
Req ID: 149423BR
Location: Manchester (with travel across the UK)
Summary of Role
Providing proactive HR Generalist support to the Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) business and Leadership Team. Working closely with the Senior HR Business Partner (Senior HRBP) to create and implement people strategies that support the strategic mission area aims.
- Working closely with the Senior HRBP and C&I matrix HR team to ensure functional activity is aligned with mission area priorities
- Providing HR Generalist support to the C&I people leaders across the relevant sites
- Work closely with the C&I people leaders to guide organisational effectiveness and productivity through employee engagement initiatives
- Developing C&I strategic workforce plans in conjunction with the functional HRBPs and Senior HRBPs to ensure the operational and strategic design aligns with the mission area direction
- Liaising with the specialist areas to provide an overall HR service to your area (e.g. OE, Learning and Development strategy, compensation planning, recruitment activity and approaches)
- Coaching and developing leaders in support of change management activity with a focus on organisational design
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the senior management team in the C&I mission area
- Working with the HR Shared Service team to analyse and use KPIs effectively to drive decision making
- Dealing with ER issues or escalations as required in support of the HR Shared Service team.
- Creation and development of people reports for C&I Management Review Boards to include lagging and leading metrics to shape and inform future business decisions and strategic direction of the C&I mission area
- Providing operational support to the C&I people leaders in conjunction with the HR Shared Service team
- CIPD Qualified (or equivalent)
- Significant HR generalist experience
- Experience managing ER cases (disciplinaries, grievances, capability management, absence)
- Good working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Experience working with KPIs/metrics to have forward looking discussions beyond use as a reporting tool
- Experience in a business partnering role, working with senior leaders to develop a business focused people agenda
- Proven success in implementing a change programme
- An understanding of how HR can be actively used as a key enabler to employee engagement
- Confident self-starter with the initiative to drive change and improvements within HR and the business
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively influence senior leaders
- Ability to work as a key change agent within the business
- Ability to identify improvements and innovative solutions to complex problems and drive forward change
- 'Big Picture', strategic thinker who can identify opportunities to drive the business forward from an HR perspective
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain SC level security clearance
- Experience working in a matrix organisation
- Experience of the legal and practical implementation of TUPE
- Industry specific knowledge
- Strong financial acumen
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites. Manchester and Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Manchester
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Northeastern University Fall 2019 Employer in Residence 11/19
Time: 10:00 am ET - 12:00 pm ET Address: University Career Services 350 Huntington Avenue 101 Stearns Center Boston, Massachusetts 02115 Type: Other
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Arlington VA
Time: 11:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 620 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Keesler AFB, MS
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Bay Breeze Event Center 500 Ploesti Dr Biloxi, Mississippi 39534 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
#LinkedInMusicCity A Veteran Networking Event
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: MAFIAoZA'S 2400 12th Avenue South Nashville, Tennessee 37204 Type: Networking Event
Hire Vets Now - Naval Station Norfolk
Time: 11:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Vista Point Conference Center 1754 Massey Hughes Drive Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia Type: Professional Career Fair