Principal Project AccountantApply Requisition ID 152545BR Date updated 11/20/2019
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career and development opportunities
- Based in Exmouth, WA but other locations considered for the right candidate
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Principal Project Accountant is responsible for providing financial management and oversight of complex programs including monitoring and reporting of program financial performance, pricing of minor change proposals, monthly reporting and compliance to company policies and procedures.
Ideally, this position will be based at the Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station in Exmouth WA, however we will consider applications from candidates to be based at one of our major Raytheon Australia sites nationwide, with frequent travel to site required.
- Management of all financial aspects of program, which includes; set up of new projects on financial systems and ensuring appropriate project specific finance procedures are in place, monitoring program financial performance, timely and accurate sales and cash forecasting, and management of foreign currency issues in projects.
- Provide advice and support on complex project financial matters, maintain revenue recognition information for all programs and conduct analysis of variances between actuals and budget and estimates to complete
- Manage the development of Estimates at Completion (EAC), financial inputs for Program Management Reviews (PMR) and reconciliation of contract values for all programs and calculate price variation for each contract
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in recording project expenditure and reconcile subsidiary ledgers to control accounts and accurate billings for all projects and the subsequent collection of cash
- Monitor key performance indicators of programs that drive financial performance and provide insight to action and drive improved results
- Relevant degree qualification in Finance or Accounting with professional qualifications such as CPA/CA highly desirable
- Ideally 6 years prior relevant experience with advanced knowledge of cost accounting
- Ability to lead a project team or taking a senior role in the development of projects financial reporting with experience in presenting to senior leaders and training peers
- A speciality within US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) would be advantageous
- Practical knowledge of project management desirable
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career click the “Apply” button now or contact us at email@example.com
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Australia - Queensland
Australia - South Australia
Australia - Western Australia
Australia - Western Australia
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.