Field Supply Chain ManagerApply Requisition ID 142354BR Date updated 06/14/2019
Please Note: This is a field position for South West (Los Angeles, CA area) and will require a telecommute agreement
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring program material is delivered on time per schedule/MRP requirements, including material acceleration to support program and customer requirements.
- Evaluating a Supplier’s capacity and capability.
- Identifying opportunities where supplier development engagements can provide suppliers significant improvement in performance.
- Communicating directly with Supply Chain Procurement/Subcontracts/Material Program personnel regarding supplier performance, concerns, observations, recommendations, etc.
- Risk Mitigation and Delivery improvements.
- Validation of a Supplier’s schedule or WIP status.
- Working with a Supplier and other Raytheon functions to help improve SRS ratings.
- Providing supplier oversight and in-house management resources at a Supplier or sub-tier supplier facility to help focus priorities, identify and/or mitigate risk, improve supplier performance.
- Utilizing strong relationships and trust within the supply base to resolve difficult issues.
- On site presence at supplier’s facility to work and resolve issues.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience within Supply Chain and/or Operations.
- A broad knowledge of the business as it relates to Supply Chain, Operations and Manufacturing.
- Familiar with continuous improvement in a factory environment.
- Ability to assess the capability and capacity of a supplier to meet future obligations.
- Ability to analyze performance data and develop Risk Mitigation plans to resolve identified gaps that hinder the Suppliers ability to meet contractual objectives.
- Ability to quickly evaluate a Supplier’s strengths, weaknesses and develop a roadmap for improvement that supports Supplier and Raytheon objectives.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with Suppliers based on Trust and Respect.
- Must be able to travel extensively [minimum 75%] within the US and to spend significant time at a supplier’s facility, sometimes on short notice, and with the ability to multi-task daily and prioritize multiple program requests.
- Must be able to set up and manage their own travel requirements.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills. Must be able to articulate sometimes difficult and complex situations in a simple and concise manner and in a manner that drives action.
- Ability to support supplier assessment (RESA) activities.
- Must be able to operate effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or Expert or similar accreditation
- Knowledge/experience with SAP (PRISM)
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, subordinates, and external partners for success
- Excellent communication skills, able to present professional image while working with the supplier community, and ability to develop effective working relationships with key suppliers in assigned geographical region
- Self-directed and self-disciplined, with the ability to work off-site with minimal supervision
- Results oriented with the ability to quickly resolve problems in high-pressure situations
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CA - Fullerton
CA - Goleta
CA - Los Angeles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Santa Barbara - The American Riviera
Our location in Goleta, Santa Barbara offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Santa Barbara is also known as the American Riviera. See what that city has to offer. Learn More
A safer world starts with smart thinking
As a global enterprise, Raytheon’s professional functions touch all areas of the company and all corners of the world. Each of our businesses has its own professional staff at its specific locations, while a corporate team is in place at our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts. Learn More
Find your fit then start standing out
Our inclusive culture is one that recognizes uniqueness, empowers each employee, values all contributions and contributors, and leverages a diverse workforce. An important component of this is our wide range of Employee Resource Groups. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UMass Amherst Information Session
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 6:30 pm ET Address: Conference Center One Campus Center Way University of Massachusetts Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 Type: Information Session
NBVC Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Naval Base Ventura County 1000 23rd Avenue Port Hueneme, California 93043 Type: Professional Open House
CSULB FLDP Fall 2019 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: California State University - Long Beach - University Student Union 1212 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, California 90815 Type: Campus Career Fair
Expo ExpertsThe DC CyberWeek CyberSecurity Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC 901 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington, District of Columbia 20001 Type: Professional Career Fair
CSUF STEM Internship & Career Expo Fall 2019
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair
DMAFB Capstone (Aviation Emphasis)
Time: 8:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: DMAFB S. Craycroft rd Tucson, Arizona 85708 Type: Professional Career Fair