Information Assurance Consultant - DigitalApply Requisition ID 134215BR Date updated 02/26/2019
Digital business – Information Assurance CONSULTANT
Digital is the newest business in the Cyber and Intelligence Division of Raytheon UK. It delivers Cyber Security and Data Science advisory and technical services to clients through a number of Practices, each focused on a particular market sector and led by a highly experienced Practice Director. Raytheon UK Digital takes real care to understand the unique challenges face by individual clients, working in close partnership to reduce risk and realise opportunities through advisory and technical excellence, supported by an ecosystem of other trusted suppliers.
Each practice comprises highly skilled and experienced consultants, business analysts, security and technical specialists, grouped into bespoke teams to meet client requirements. Additional specialist staff can be drawn from other areas of Digital and the wider Cyber and Intelligence business. The Practice is responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities in its sector, delivering advisory and technical services to meet identified client needs, and to also identify and pass on new business opportunities to other areas of the Cyber and Intelligence business.
As a Information Assurance Consultant in Digital you will be an experienced and approachable team player, and will have responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple client engagements within a mixed team of specialist consultants, analysts and technical staff to meet client-based outputs and deadlines.
Within Digital there are currently three Practice areas, including Public Sector, Transport and Critical National Infrastructure. As the Digital business develops it is expected that the number of Practices will increase and the scope of each Practice will be varied accordingly, depending on the identified potential in each sector.
We expect that you will have a detailed understanding of some aspects of the sector, and a working understanding across the whole breadth. You will understand the common challenges that clients face, current trends and threats, and where the sector is likely to grow. You will already have professional contacts in some areas and already have practical ideas of advisory opportunities which can be developed.
Raytheon UK Cyber and Intelligent - Digital and You:
- Raytheon UK’s Digital business brings to the market a cadre of Digital consultants and sector professionals to help organisations to manage risk and bring to bear solutions and methods for mitigating the digital challenges of today
- Raytheon's Digital business has access to over 300 diverse and talented individuals from broad range of services in Cyber and Intelligence. We advise clients on issues ranging from threat intelligence to cloud security, from security architecture to big data analytics and from cyber training to incident response
- You will be someone who wants to enhance and develop your reputation in delivering client-based solutions, focused on cyber security and the application of data science. You may have held roles in government or in the private sector, specifically relating to critical infrastructure and systems, and you will have experience in the identification and management of risks in your sector. Alternatively, you may have held roles in cyber security or IT organisations which work with critical national infrastructure
- You will be responsible for quickly developing a rapport, identifying our clients’ most pressing challenges and finding ways to solve them
- You will be able to put across complex technical challenges and translate them into the impacts and issues which senior officials should take note of and seek to solve. You will be comfortable working at many levels, adept at public speaking and able to hold your own in debate
- In return, Raytheon will offer you freedom in how you manage your team and deliver services to fully meet the needs of our clients. We will be flexible and imaginative in meeting your preferences in terms of ways of working and support your ongoing development both professionally and personally. We will provide you with training and mentoring, and a generous reward and benefits package
- Working as part of the Information Assurance consultancy team within a specified sector and the planning and management of delivery to meet agreed schedules, and working as part of a mixed consultancy and technical team
- Delivering one or more Digital-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organization in the UK and in the US
- Developing the market for Digital services. You will develop effective client relationships and convert them into formal working relationships through which Raytheon can deliver value
- Provide a forward looking view to new security technologies and emerging threat
- Provide advice and guidance on industry recognised security standards as well as hands on assistance with implementation
- Have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen, including a full understanding of risk specifically relating to both cyber risk and the risks which customers manage on a regular basis
- Have a broad range of at least one sector experience with an Information Assurance background, likely including experience across areas such as: cyber risk analysis, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, cloud services, incident response, big data analytics
- Have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation and demonstrable ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience, judgement and reach-back to Raytheon
- Have the ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities
- Be able to work with a wide variety of other organizations, able to influence and be influenced when appropriate to bring to bear the latest ideas, thinking, and leadership. Raytheon doesn’t only advise, it also delivers solutions, leading to long term strategic relationships with clients
- Be motivated to develop new business especially with current customers
- Have a strong academic record or hold significant professional development certifications and accreditations in the field of security and cyber security (such as CISSP, CERT, CISM, CISMP, CISA, ISSMP, CCP)
- Cryptographic material handling, validated incident management, awareness of physical security and knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery planning
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Research & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - London
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister