Practice Director (Digital Business)Apply Requisition ID 133446BR Date updated 02/28/2019
As Practice Director you will be an experienced senior leader, and have full Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for your Practice, including the leadership and development of your team to meet ambitious business growth targets. You will be highly skilled and experienced in the delivery of advisory and technical services at a senior level, and will also have insight and experience in the relevant business sector.
As the Digital business develops it is expected that the number of Practices will increase and the scope of each Practice will be varied accordingly, depending on the identified potential in each sector.
We expect that you will have a detailed understanding of some aspects of the sector, and a working understanding across the whole breadth. You will understand the common challenges that clients face, current trends and threats, and where the sector is likely to grow. You will already have professional contacts in some areas and already have practical ideas of advisory opportunities which can be developed.
The business will be centred primarily in London, with satellite offices in the West and Northwest of England, but you will be expected to travel frequently to client and other Raytheon sites across the country as required.
Raytheon UK Cyber and Intelligence - Digital and You:
- Raytheon UK’s Digital business brings to the market a cadre of Digital consultants and sector professionals to help organisations to manage risk and bring to bear solutions and methods for mitigating the digital challenges of today
- Raytheon's Digital business has access to over 300 diverse and talented individuals from broad range of services in Cyber and Intelligence. We advise clients on issues ranging from threat intelligence to cloud security, from security architecture to big data analytics and from cyber training to incident response.
- You will be someone who wants to enhance and develop your reputation in delivering client-based solutions, focused on cyber security and the application of data science. You may have held senior roles in government or in the private sector, specifically relating to critical infrastructure and system, and you will have a recognized expert opinion on risks in your sector. Alternatively, you may have held senior roles in cyber security or IT organisations which work with critical national infrastructure organisations.
- As a Director within our Digital organisation you will be responsible for building and developing your team to be able to quickly develop a rapport, identify our clients’ most pressing challenges and find ways to solve them.
- You will thrive in a senior client environment, routinely engaging at a minimum of Deputy Director/One-Star level in Government and above. You will be able to put across complex technical challenges and translate them into the impacts and issues which senior officials should take note of and seek to solve. You will be comfortable working at many levels, adept at public speaking and able to hold your own in debate.
- In return, Raytheon will offer you freedom in how you grow the Practice and deliver services to fully meet the needs of our clients. We will be flexible and imaginative in meeting your preferences in terms of ways of working and support your ongoing development both professionally and personally. We will provide you with training and mentoring, and a generous reward and benefits package.
- Developing the market for Digital services across new customers. You will develop effective client engagements and convert them into formal contractural relationships through which Raytheon can deliver value.
- Delivering a portfolio of digital-related engagements across our business, including the effective management of people on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organization in the UK and in the US.
- Striving for and attracting a diverse culture and workforce, you will seek to build balanced teams diverse in gender, background, culture, thought and behaviours. You will have strategies for how to build high performing teams able to address our clients’ most complex and pressing issues.
- Managing intellectual property and ensuring that Raytheon maximizes its return alongside it’s substantial investments in the sector. You will influence and guide the organization in those investments to ensure they are consistent with the needs of our clients and will deliver a return.
- Leading the development and implementation of existing and new market propositions developed alongside colleagues in the other Digital Practices.
- Contributing to the latest thought-leadership and research relating to digital transformation, cyber security and organisational crisis and response management to cyber issues.
- You will have delegated responsibility for the Profit and Loss (P&L) account, including business forecasting and new business investment allocation and planning.
- Have excellent commercial and financial awareness and business acumen, including a good understanding of risk specifically relating to both cyber risk and the risks which customers manage on a regular basis.
- Have a broad range of the relevant sector experience with an IT and Digital background, likely including experience across areas such as, cyber risk analysis, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, cloud services, incident response, big data analytics.
- Be motivated to develop new business, it is a significant part of this role, with new and current customers, frequently at the C-suite levels of the organisations which look after the relevant market sector.
- Be able to advise clients, not only on their Digital risk, but also how they can create performance advantage through better analysis and understanding of their existing data.
- Have great interpersonal skills and experience of developing effective, long-lasting relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation and demonstrable ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience, judgement and reach-back to Raytheon.
- Have the ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities.
- Be able to work with a wide variety of other organizations, able to influence and be influenced when appropriate to bring to bear the latest ideas, thinking, and leadership. Raytheon doesn’t only advise, it also delivers solutions, leading to long term strategic relationships with clients.
- Have a strong academic record or hold significant professional development certifications and accreditations in the field of security and cyber security. Qualifications that include one or more of CISSP, CERT, CISM, CISMP, CISA, ISSMP will be highly desirable.
- Have appropriate experience in running a Profit and Loss account, including business forecasting and planning new business investment.
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - London
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UMass Amherst Information Session
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 6:30 pm ET Address: Conference Center One Campus Center Way University of Massachusetts Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 Type: Information Session
NBVC Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Naval Base Ventura County 1000 23rd Avenue Port Hueneme, California 93043 Type: Professional Open House
CSULB FLDP Fall 2019 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: California State University - Long Beach - University Student Union 1212 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, California 90815 Type: Campus Career Fair
Expo ExpertsThe DC CyberWeek CyberSecurity Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC 901 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington, District of Columbia 20001 Type: Professional Career Fair
CSUF STEM Internship & Career Expo Fall 2019
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair
DMAFB Capstone (Aviation Emphasis)
Time: 8:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: DMAFB S. Craycroft rd Tucson, Arizona 85708 Type: Professional Career Fair