Communications ManagerApply Requisition ID 150277BR Date updated 11/08/2019
Req ID: 150277BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK seeks an ambitious Communications Manager that will be responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies and campaigns for key functions and corporate initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this driven individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and execution of strategic communications campaigns, providing counsel to business area executives, using multiple platforms and tactics to tell a “One Raytheon” story and liaising with targeted members of the media and third party stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Championing strategic relationships with key business stakeholders across the company, including functions and business areas
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of business campaign plans to support key business area pursuits and initiatives across cyber, training, defence and military aerospace sectors
- Leading the development of corporate social responsibility campaign plans to support our initiatives across armed forces charities, STEM and community programmes
- Preparing executives for media engagements
- Proactively engaging external stakeholders, including end users and third party stakeholders in support of key business area campaigns to tell our story
- Support to the digital and social media storytelling through the creation of original feature articles, videos, photographs, etc.
- Developing key messages, talking points, speeches and news releases
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Proactive & creative mind with the ability to pull together team resources for maximum impact campaigns, thinking out of the box is essential
- Proven media relations experience (can be trade specific/ national/ local)
- A driven, competent networker who has demonstrated networking capabilities in their chosen field e.g. Ministry of Defence, UK government departments or private sector
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organisation and across functions
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of the technology industry, defence, aerospace or related industry is an advantage for this role
- Confident in preparing executives for media engagements
- Confident communicator who can develop key messages, talking points, speeches and news releases
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD Secret (SC) level security clearance
- Communications specialist er journalist
- Technology sector background
- Campaigning background
- Media / Fundraising / Corporate communications
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - London