Communications Intern (6 month FTC)Apply Requisition ID 148859BR Date updated 10/08/2019
Req ID: 145108BR
Summary of Role
Here at Raytheon UK we are seeking a Communications Intern to join our Communications team. The post is available with immediate effect and will report to the Communications Director.
The role provides wide ranging hands -on Corporate Communications experience in a dynamic business environment and growing team. It is ideal for anyone looking to gain experience in media relations, public affairs, Corporate social responsibility and Campaign management. The role will serve the Raytheon UK business by helping the Communications team to shape and deliver messages to employees and a wide range of external stakeholders in order to help drive sales, build advocacy and enhance the reputation of the company.
- Support the Communications Director and wider team by working cross functionally with multiple departments delivering internal and external communications activities
- Prepare campaign grid and be responsible for configuration management of the Communications Hub and its materials
- Contribute ideas and research for communications team
- Support communications team in the production of content for digital, social and traditional media. This will include the writing, editing and production of internal communications pieces including company newsletters, web content and other materials for employee engagement campaigns
- The candidate will look to include multi-channel approaches and tactics for all campaigns and assist in the delivery of tasks
- External communication support will include the planning and delivery of communications activities at events and for key campaigns throughout the year. This includes being part of team producing filming footage, photography and social media
- A strong desire to forge a career in media relations, or marketing communications/ public affairs
- A passion for PR, marketing and content writing
- Confident verbal communication skills
- A creative mind
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Integrity, flexibility, honesty and resolve with a solutions focused attitude
- An understanding of digital and social media techniques and channels
- A proactive and collaborative approach to work
- An interest in current affairs, business, society, politics
- Willingness to travel across sites frequently
- An understanding of campaign development and interest in keeping up with modern communications techniques
- Experience in campaigning, events management and/or media background (print or radio) will all be helpful in this role
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites. Manchester and Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - London