Business Analyst - Cyber SecurityApply Requisition ID 134213BR Date updated 02/26/2019
Digital is the newest business in the Cyber and Intelligence Division of Raytheon UK. It delivers Cyber Security and Data Science advisory and technical services to clients through a number of Practices, each focused on a particular market sector and led by a highly experienced Practice Director. Each practice comprises highly skilled and experienced consultants, business analysts, security and technical specialists, grouped into bespoke teams to meet client requirements.
As a Business Analyst in Digital you will be skilled in business analysis techniques related to the exploitation of technology, and will have experience in one or more of our key areas of market sector focus. You will have experience working in analytic teams and completing tasks against demanding timelines. You will also have an eye for detail and ensuring the highest standards of accuracy, presentation and quality in your work. You will be comfortable with engaging clients at a technical and management level, production of analytic reports and products, and presenting findings in a manner that is accessible to non-experts in the field.
The Digital Practices will initially be focused on the UK Government sector, Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and Transport. As the Digital business develops it is expected that the number of Practices will increase and the scope of each Practice will be varied accordingly, depending on the identified potential in each sector.
Raytheon UK Cyber and Intelligence - Digital and You:
- Raytheon UK’s Digital business brings to the market a cadre of Digital consultants and sector professionals to help organisations to manage risk and bring to bear solutions and methods for mitigating the digital challenges of today.
- Raytheon's Digital business has access to over 300 diverse and talented individuals from broad range of services in Cyber and Intelligence. We advise clients on issues ranging from threat intelligence to cloud security, from security architecture to big data analytics and from cyber training to incident response.
- You will be someone who wants to enhance and develop your reputation in delivering client-based solutions, focused on Cyber Security and the application of Data Science, but other areas of expertise related to information systems will be of value. You may have held a roles in Government or in the private sector, specifically relating to critical infrastructure and systems, and you will have experience in the identification and management of risks in your sector. Alternatively, you may have held roles in Cyber Security or IT organisations which work with Critical National Infrastructure.
- As a Business Analyst within our Digital organisation you will be responsible for analysing complex problems, identifying our clients’ most pressing challenges and present ways to solve them.
- You will work well in a client environment, and be comfortable with engagement at a technical and management level. You will be able to put across the result of complex analysis with accuracy and simplicity, and be able to highlight the impacts and issues which senior officials should take note of and seek to solve. You will be comfortable working at many levels, effective at public speaking and able to hold your own in debate.
- In return, Raytheon will offer you freedom to decide how best to deliver services to fully meet the needs of our clients, whilst ensuring the highest standards of quality and engagement consistent with Raytheon Digital principles and best practice. We will be flexible and imaginative in meeting your preferences in terms of ways of working and support your ongoing development both professionally and personally. We will provide you with training and mentoring, and a generous reward and benefits package. We will also offer opportunities for advancement as the business and your experience develops.
- Delivering part of a portfolio of digital-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the Raytheon organization in the UK and in the US.
- Striving for and encouraging a diverse culture and workforce, you will seek to be part of balanced teams diverse in gender, background, culture, thought and behaviours, You will have strategies for how to work in high performing teams able to address our clients’ most complex and pressing issues.
- Contributing to the latest thought-leadership and research relating to digital transformation, cyber security and organisational crisis and response management to cyber issues.
- Developing the market for Digital services. You will develop effective client relationships and a network of professional contacts, and convert them into formal working relationships through which Raytheon can deliver value.
- Have experience is Advisory engagements with clients, and an academic record preferably in STEM areas in business analysis, cyber and/or IT.
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Analysis of systems and processes
- Agile methodologies
- Analysis of the effectiveness of IT and other information systems and platforms
- Stakeholder management and running large workshops, demonstrations and scenario testing events
- Capture and analysis of client requirements
- Analysis of sector market data and trends in technology
- Business and operational modelling; and creation of Target Operating Models
- Process mapping
- Business Change analysis and implementation
- Delivery of technical programmes
- Business continuity and resilience
- Have strong commercial and financial awareness and business acumen, including a good understanding of risk specifically relating to both cyber risk and the risks which customers manage on a regular basis.
- Be able to present compelling evidence to clients, not only on their cyber risk, but also how they can create performance advantage through better analysis and understanding of their existing data.
- Have a range of sector experience with an IT and digital background, likely including experience across areas such as: cyber risk analysis, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, cloud services, incident response, big data analytics.
- Have the ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner, appropriately tailored to people from a very wide range of cultures, technical backgrounds and seniorities.
- Be able to work with a wide variety of other organizations, able to influence and be influenced when appropriate to bring to bear the latest ideas, thinking, and leadership. Raytheon doesn’t only advise, it also delivers solutions, leading to long term strategic relationships with clients.
- Be motivated to identify new business especially with current customers
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester
United Kingdom - London
United Kingdom - Manchester
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister