Manager II Information Systems Technology
Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, Boston, Massachusetts
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Mgr. II Information Systems Technology position is for a team leader of an AOC Platform as a Service (PaaS) Operations team working in cloud and on-premise environments. This team of Platform Operations specialists works on a large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems in on-premise vSphere environments and in AWS. The team utilizes Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) to provide Platform as a Service (PaaS) which is integrated with other technologies on top of a Dell EMC VxRails and AWS Infrastructure. This team seeks to continuously improve the state of the running environment through automation and the addition of new capabilities. The team leader is responsible for leading this team following best practices from Agile and DevOps to ensure the platform meets all current and future customer determined requirements. The team leader will work closely with the Enterprise Platform Product Manager to ensure parity across the platforms.
As a Platform team leader, you will receive training in PCF and then be responsible for your teams work in the installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry as a managed service. Along with managing the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies, your team will also handle their integration with other core services.
Primary work location will be the Kessel Run Experimentation Lab (KREL) in Boston, MA or Langley AFB, Hampton, VA. Travel between these sites and to AOC locations will be required.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Provide team leadership for the creation, implementation and management of multiple cloud environments that utilize Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Supervise and provide product backlog direction to a geographically dispersed team
- Provide leadership for the operational reliability of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform to include: availability, access control, security, monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Work with AF Kessel Run leadership on the implementation of requirements and priorities.
- Break requirements down into Agile “stories” and manage the team backlog
- Manage and participate in the installation and configuration of 3rd party applications on the platform.
- On boarding of new development teams to include providing them access to the Platform and instructions/support on its use.
- Meet regularly with Application and Production Platform Product Managers to integrate operations.
- Ensure team members meet program and company standards such as: time keeping, training, career development and performance development.
- Manage team travel requirements including Visa’s, visit requests and other processes that enable remote support.
- Must have current DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience managing systems development and/or systems sustainment teams.
- Working knowledge of AWS, system administration and networking.
- Experience developing Agile “Stories” and prioritizing a backlog
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- 8+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Cloud Foundry
- Experience working in AF AOC program(s).
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Experience administering systems in virtualized environments including both Windows and Linux OS
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience in software development and/or leading software programs.
- Experience working with various RDBMS such as Amazon RDS, MySQL and Postgres
Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 8 additional years of relevant experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
VA - Langley AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).