Pivotal Cloud Foundry Leader
Langley Air Force Base, Virginia
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Platform team utilizes Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) to provide Platform as a Service (PaaS) which they integrate with other technologies. The Infrastructure team utilizes the VxRails Hyperconverged technologies along with vSphere and VMWare NSX. Both Platform and Infrastructure teams seek to continuously improve the state of the running development environment through automation and the addition of new capabilities. The product manager will be responsible for interpreting customer needs, identifying associated Business/Technical Requirements, and advising the Government on scope and schedule parameters to execute projects. The product manager then leads the team in meeting those requirements following best practices from Agile and DevOps. He/she will also team with the remote site Platform team lead and the AWS Platform team lead to ensure parity across the sites and environments.
This position requires technical and engineering experience along with proven leadership, and management experience. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and Raytheon at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors.
As the Manager for a Pivotal Platform, you will receive training in Product Management of a PCF PaaS and then be responsible for your teams work in the installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry as a managed service. Along with managing the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies, your team will also handle their integration with other core services.
Primary work location will be at the USAF customer site in Hampton, VA. Occasional travel to the Kessel Run office in Boston and remote AOC locations will be required.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Provide team leadership for the creation, implementation and management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Manage PaaS and IaaS team tasking and priorities
- Supervise a team composed of IT and Engineering professionals
- Provide leadership for the operational reliability of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform to include: availability, access control, security, monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Work with AF Platform Operations Manager on the development and implementation of requirements/priorities.
- Break requirements down into Agile “stories” and manage the team backlog
- Manage and participate in the installation and configuration of 3rd party applications on the platform.
- On boarding of new development teams to include providing them access to the Platform and instructions/support on its use.
- Meet regularly with Application, Remote Platform and AWS Platform Product Managers to integrate operations.
- Evaluate team members performance and ensure they meet program and company standards.
- Must have current DoD Secret Security clearance
- Experience managing systems development and/or systems sustainment teams.
- Working knowledge of cloud platform technologies, system administration and networking.
- Experience developing Agile “Stories” and prioritizing a backlog
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- 10 or more years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Cloud Foundry
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Experience with VMWare products
- Experience working in AF AOC program(s)
- Experience administering systems in AWS including both Windows and Linux OS
- Experience in software development and/or leading software programs.
- Experience using source control technologies such as Git or Bitbucket
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Langley AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform Leader Marlborough, Langley Air Force Base, Boston
- Sr Systems Engineer I Langley Air Force Base
- Manager II Information Systems Technology Langley Air Force Base, Boston
- Senior Network Administrator I Langley Air Force Base
- DPOC Systems Administrator Langley Air Force Base
- Principal System Administrator MATS Support Langley Air Force Base