Sr Systems EngineerApply Requisition ID 89455BR Date updated 11/28/2016
GCS is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer in Theaterto support the mission. This person must have advanced level of knowledge of Active Directory, VMware and NetApp Filers. Additionally, skills in Exchange 2003/2010 and SCCM are required. The engineer must be experienced in designing solutions in a fast paced, stressful environment. The Systems Engineer will report to the SWA Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a high level of experience with Microsoft products and VMware.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Information Technology, Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have 6 years of professional experience
- Strong skills in managing Active Directory to include Group Policy Objects, Domain Controllers, DNS, and Microsoft Lync
- Skilled in supporting and designing an enterprise virtualization environment
- Solid background in all storage protocols, particularly iSCSI
- CASP or equivalent
- MCSE 2012 certified (CE)
- Deploy to combat zones within SWA region for long term at a time in support of the ARCENT mission.
- Be able to design and implement all enterprise systems to include Windows 2012 DC, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, VMware Hypervisor ESXi / vCenter 6, Netapp Storage, OSCP, ACAS, HBSS (SADR) and or SCCM.
- Have good working knowledge of Cisco Data Center - UCS B and C series servers.
- Be proficient with vulnerability scanning and patch management.
- Applying DISA STIGs to harden all enterprise systems.
- Work very closely with the O&M community to enhance performance and troubleshoot as a Tier 3 Level engineer.
- Be proficient with Ports, Protocols and Services for each of the above enterprise services to be able to identify and troubleshoot Firewall or Security related issues.
- Attend ARCENT Plans and Exercise conferences and be an advisor to the PLEX branch.
- Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
- Must possess the willingness to travel with the military to locations throughout Southwest Asia, as required, to support the military customer at their location(s) via military air/land convoy.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a bivouac environment.
- Willing to travel to overseas locations for a 1 year unaccompanied deployment.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- VCP(at least 4.1) highly desired
- NCDA highly desired
- CISSP is highly desired
- Experience working with Special Forces in austere environments
- Experience working in a fast paced enterprise environment
- Able to communicate effectively to senior government leadership and peer engineers.
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.\\
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to independently resolve problems
- Good understanding of U.S. Military organizations
- Ability to maintain high quality work to manage multiple critical projects.
- Ability to perform and participate in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of users.
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations.
NOTE: This position will be either a Sr. Systems Engineer II (E04) or Sr. Systems Engineer I (E03) depending on the successful candidates experience and other qualifications.89455
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers
innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber,
analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible
to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to
solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated
operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear
insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80
countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area
generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our
leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a
multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire
people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to
advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
Kuwait - Camp Arifjan
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Raytheon IIS: Fort Meade Open House
Time: 9:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 134 National Business Parkway Suite 100 Annapolis Junction, Maryland 20701 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Fort Meade TAP Employer Day
Time: 11:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: Fort Meade McGill Training Center 8452 Zimborski Ave Ft Meade, Maryland 20755 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Time: 10:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: Caesar's Palace 3570 Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
North Carolina Open House - Current Contractor
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Holiday Inn Express & Suites 4912 S Miami Blvd Durham, North Carolina Type: Professional Career FairRegister
North Carolina Open House - Current Contractor
Time: 8:00 am ET - 12:00 pm ET Address: Holiday Inn Express & Suites 4812 S. Miami Blvd Durham, North Carolina Type: Professional Open HouseRegister
ClearedJobs.net Cyber Job Fair
Time: 3:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Marriott Courtyard Hotel 11605 State Highwy 151 San Antoio, Texas Type: Professional Career FairRegister