Senior Systems EngineerApply Requisition ID 146875BR Date updated 08/29/2019
Raytheon Intelligence & Information Services Global Cyber Solutions organization is seeking an experienced SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER in ARCENT Theater to support the ARCENT mission in KUWAIT. This person will be providing support for the administration of Microsoft (MS) Server-based systems to include, but not limited to: communications applications, IA server and client software systems, electronic mail, printing services, software license administration, file sharing and storage services, backup services, and other related systems. This person will work in concert with network engineering and infrastructure technical support activities to correct issues with ISs at multiple locations within the CENTCOM AOR.
This person must have advanced level of knowledge of Active Directory, VMware and NetApp Filers. Additionally, skills in Exchange 2003/2010 and SCCM are required. The engineer must be experienced in designing solutions in a fast paced, stressful environment. The Systems Engineer will report to the SWA Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a high level of experience with Microsoft products and VMware.
This person will provide operational support and server administration involving the performance of component server and workstation connections, configuration, integration, and testing and must require proficiency and experience with the following technology areas and systems:
* IP Port Security
* IP Networking
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Data Storage
* Network Appliance Data Storage Filers
* Near Store Appliance
* SnapMirror, SnapRestore, SnapManager for Exchange
* Virtual File Manager
* BS/BA in Engineering, Information Technology, Science or related discipline or additional equivalent experience
* Must have minimum of 7 years of experience in the CENTCOM AOR engineering IT solutions for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and CENTRIX (or other Coalition network environments)
* Must be able to migrate an Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010
* Strong skills in managing Active Directory to include Group Policy Objects, Domain Controllers, DNS, and Microsoft Lync
* Skilled in supporting and designing an enterprise virtualization environment
* Solid background in all storage protocols, particularly iSCSI
* CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH or DoD 8570.01 M IAT Level III equivalent certification
* Must also have a current corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification: MCITP: 2008 Enterprise/Server Administrator, MCSE, CCNP, Linux+ or equivalent
MEDICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
* Must possess the willingness to travel with the military to locations throughout Southwest Asia, as required, to support the military customer at their location(s) via military air/land convoy.
* Must be physically able to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 50 lbs, unassisted, on a regular basis
* Ability to work in a bivouac environment.
* Willing to travel to overseas locations for a 1 year unaccompanied deployment.
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP6) certification highly preferred
* NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification highly preferred
* Experience working with Special Forces in austere environments
* Experience working in a fast paced enterprise environment
* Able to communicate effectively to senior government leadership and peer engineers.
* Project Management Experience
* Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations
* Demonstrated self-starter and ability to independently resolve problems
* Good understanding of U.S. Military organizations
* Ability to maintain high quality work to manage multiple critical projects.
* Ability to perform and participate in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of users.
* Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations.
US Citizenship and an Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
Kuwait - Camp Arifjan
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Information Session - Spring 2020
Time: 6:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Illini Union, Room 210 1401 W. Green Street Urbana, Illinois 61801 Type: Information Session
U. Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Engineering Career Fair - Spring 2020
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Activities & Recreation Center (ARC) 201 E. Peabody Drive Champaign, Illinois 61820 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. of Michigan - Engineering Information Session (Winter 2020)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:30 pm ET Address: North Campus DOW Bldg, Room 2150 2300 Hayward Street Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 Type: Information Session
Mississippi State University Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: Humphrey Coliseum 55 Bailey Howell Drive Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
Collin College - Spring Creek Campus
Time: 10:00 am MT - 2:00 pm MT Address: Collins College - Spring Creek Campus 2800 E Spring Creek Parkway Plano, Texas 75074 Type: Campus Career Fair
UAH Spring 2020 Career Fair
Time: 8:30 am CT - 1:00 pm CT Address: University Fitness Center 500 John Wright Drive Huntsville, Alabama 35805 Type: Campus Career Fair