Tech Support Specialist Sr
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Performs the following duties and activities as assigned. Must demonstrate competencies necessary to meet the business requirements. May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross-functional team.
Validate/create Engineering BOM, routings, process descriptions, manufacturing assembly instructions during the proposal, program planning, or execution phase. Coordinate with Engineering as required to maintain updated data packages during execution.
Performs work flow design and floor space utilization planning. Work with management and facilities as required to develop floor layouts, develop work orders, and monitor the completion of facilities work orders.
Provide technical support to workers during the execution of customer orders to resolve problems with documentation, tooling, and assembly (Technical, Process, Quality, Training)
Interface to Mission Assurance on quality and technical factory issues (Root Cause Analysis, Material Review Board, FIT, etc.)
Develop labor hour estimates for proposals, taking into consideration existing capacity and capabilities.
Duties could include assisting the First Line Supervisor in decision making on workload, work flow, resource needs, and product line development. May perform activities associated with cost tracking and will assist the supervisor in developing processes and practices to minimize costs. May assist other support personnel in resolving process and quality issues as required.
- 8 years of applicable experience
- Must be a US Citizen with current/active Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain in a reasonable amount of time.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with aviation manufacturing/repair processes; sheet metal assembly, mechanical assembly, electronics, & composite materials.
- Experience with AS9100 and quality systems or practices, and ability to interpret blueprints, technical documents, and technical manuals.
- Strong computer skills. Familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of SAP (PRISM and IMRO) and Material Requirements Planning.
- Principles of lean manufacturing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and transition from one assignment to another with minimal training and direction from supervision.
- Must be able to provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Significant experience with the teardown, refurbishment, and assembly practices on avionics systems, missile systems, weapons controls, aircraft armament, bomb racks, launchers, and pylons.
- Experience with quality systems or processes.
- Knowledge of aircraft based pylon and launcher projects such as the SUU-63, LAU-115/116/117/118, LAU-7, or the LAU-127.
- Working knowledge of launcher and pylon drawings and technical manuals.
- Basic knowledge of launcher, bomb rack, and pylon coatings and finishing processes.
High school degree or equivalent.
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 145417
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Program Cost Sched & Cont I Indianapolis
- Employee Relations Specialist Dulles, Richardson, Aurora, Indianapolis, Burlington
- Principal Network Engineer / Architect Indianapolis
- Software Engineer II Indianapolis
- Electronic Wrker-Cable/Chassis Indianapolis
- Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Partnering Dulles, Richardson, El Segundo, Aurora, Indianapolis, Burlington