Principal Multi-Discipline Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Indianapolis, IN. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
At Raytheon engineers focus on technology, innovation and Mission Assurance for existing and evolving customer mission needs in the areas of Air, Land, Sea, Space and Cyber for all markets. The Hardware Engineering Technical Lead at Raytheon develops technical roadmaps, writes technical proposals, and works with business development as well as all engineering disciplines to support a broad range of technical areas such as situational awareness, communications, border surveillance products, avionics, munitions and electro-optic infra-red (EOIR). Sample programs include the F-16, F-18, CH-53 and HH-60 aircraft displays and upgrades, ground vehicle displays, bomb racks, V-22 Lab capability upgrades, as well as launchers and pods on multiple platforms. This HW Technical Lead will also provide technical leadership on integrated product teams (IPTs). This role involves the integration of many areas of knowledge and expertise to create and support complex systems and requires a broad based understanding of the different areas of design. In addition this role at times will encompass leading design reviews and working with manufacturing to ensure the best possible product is delivered to the war fighter.
At Raytheon, Customer Success is Our Mission.
US Citizenship is required due to the candidate needing to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Broad based technical background with the ability to lead complex technical programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Technical leadership capabilities, includes the ability to lead the resolution of tough technical challenges
- Ability to build teams with diverse skill sets, acting at highest level of their discipline
- Ability maintain high performance in a highly dynamic, team based environment
- Experience developing technology roadmaps
- Experience working with the front end of the business; working with business development to capture new work
- Proven experience leading front end of the business type programs
- Experience developing proposals
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret Security Clearance, US Citizenship required
- 8+ years of related experience required
- Advanced technical degree
- Experience in proposal writing including cost estimation
- Knowledge of design practices
- Ability to assimilate inputs from multiple sources and derive design and operational requirements
- Capability to apply robust design principles
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Program Cost Sched & Cont I Indianapolis
- Employee Relations Specialist Dulles, Richardson, Aurora, Indianapolis, Burlington
- Principal Network Engineer / Architect Indianapolis
- Software Engineer II Indianapolis
- Electronic Wrker-Cable/Chassis Indianapolis
- Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Partnering Dulles, Richardson, El Segundo, Aurora, Indianapolis, Burlington