Mgr III Electrical Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Indianapolis Electrical & Mechanical Design Engineering Center (EMDEC) is seeking an Electrical Engineering Section Manager committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Electrical solutions. The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) EMDEC organization is accountable for the design of military electronic assemblies using a combination of Commercial Off-the -Shelf (COTS) technology and custom designed electronic circuits.
The Electrical Engineering Section Manager (SM) is responsible for leading a team of 10-20 Electrical Engineers and work products through the systems lifecycle. The SM is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The SM is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products and section.
Other relevant responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate that the section is effectively executing work to deliver on-budget, on-time, correct, high-quality, complete work products, utilizing IPDS-based Engineering work packages and productivity measures
- Demonstrate the development of staff to meet the needs of the Indy EMDEC staffing/training/development plan
- Demonstrate measurable Execution and Bidding productivity goals for every program on which the section has Engineering content
Direct line management activities for employees in the Section, including performance management, career development and resource allocation
- Work closely with program managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Interface with customers and users to build relationships and develop roadmaps and product ideas for meeting their needs
- Rapidly respond to customer RFIs and RFPs to shape customer acquisition strategies
- Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates/proposals packages
- Participate as a member of the Indy EMDEC Leadership Team, flowing communication between the program and engineering department
- Provide leadership to integrated product teams (IPTs) with responsibility for the design development of one or more section products. Is a member of the next higher tier team which develops detailed program plans, statements of work (SOW), schedules, budgets, and Integrated Master Plans (IMP)/Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Maintain a professional attitude, to serve as an example to the team, with team members, internal and external customers
- Work closely with the Indy EMDEC Department Manager in support of IIS goals/objectives
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering development, from component level design through integration and test and product delivery
- Experience with technologies and services relevant to the Indy EMDEC
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain special access clearance
- Leadership experience leading a technical team
- Very strong organizational and team development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
- An active DoD or federal agency security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of related work experience OR 18 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).