Finance Program Cost Control ManagerApply Requisition ID 91551BR Date updated 02/17/2017
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a seasoned Finance Business Manager candidate to join our team in support of the AMCOM Express Systems and Computer Resource Support (SCRS) contract under the Software Engineering Directorate (SED) through the Army Contracting Command Red Stone Arsenal (ACC-R). SED's overall mission is to provide systems and software engineering life-cycle management support for various aviation and missile systems in support of the warfighter. These services include the following: Life Cycle Logistics Sustainment, Program Protection, Software Version Releases, System Modifications, System Engineering, and Program Management.
The Finance Business Manager will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the $50-100M per year contract. This will include supporting the program execution and growth of SCRS. As the key business partner to the SCRS Program Manager, the Business Manager is expected to have a “COO” mindset with a deep understanding of the inner workings of the program.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to the Program Manager, utilizing standard company tools, and in compliance with standard processes
- Responsible for meeting financial CDRL and billing detail requirements, including merging with teammate (subs) data
- Manage 4-5 direct reports supporting the financial function of the SCRS program. Responsible for direct reports’ performance and provide guidance regarding career development plan
- Establishes, interprets, and recommends modifications to operating policies and procedures that improve the program’s financial position.
- Ensures adequate financial controls that provide a balance between finance goals and operation’s goals.
- Responsible for knowing incurred costs and committed costs for all authorized work.
- Reviews financial reports, presentations and bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing contract modifications for financial correctness.
- Provides periodic variance analysis and month/year-end close reporting and monitoring, working capital monitoring and analysis, program financial forecasting and contract closeouts
- Ensures program compliance with corporate policies including Sarbanes/Oxley requirements
- Leads cost strategy effort for proposals
- Responsible for preparing finance charts for Program Management Reviews
- Responsible for preparing monthly operating reviews, EAC’s, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required
- Serve as the Lead for the development of the five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis as well as having the ability to coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data
- Support the monthly closing process, provide variance analysis and work within the business and with MSM Finance Team.
- Leads planning and forecasting processes
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and 10 years of Finance Program Control experience.
- Experience providing cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis
- Experience in proposal development and pricing strategies
- Experience with financial CDRL and billing detail requirements, including merging data with teammate (subs) data
- Experience leading a leading a team.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial statement analyses: variance and trend analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Sound analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills Demonstrated ability to lead and influence senior leaders, team members Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Familiar with all types of government contracting including CPFF and T&M Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected
- Demonstrated experience with SAP accounting system tools
- EVMS Certification
- Budgeting and variance analysis skills
- Risk and Opportunity analysis skills
B.S. degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
AL - Huntsville
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Raytheon Finance Open House
Time: 4:00 am PT - 8:00 pm PT Address: McCormick & Schmick's 2101 Rosecrans Ave El Segundo, California 90245 Type: Information Session
Women in Technology and Finance Vitual Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
MacDill AFB Career Fair
Time: 11:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Surf's Edge Club 7315 Bayshore Blvd MacDill AFB, Florida 3362 Type: Professional Career Fair
Fort Belvoir Career Fair
Time: 7:30 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Fort Belvior Communiuty Center 10300 Taylor Road Building 1200 Ft. Belvior, Virginia 22060 Type: Professional Career Fair
Maryland Operations Virtual Career Fair
Time: 3:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career Fair
Joint Base Andrews AFB MD Top 3
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Andrews AFB 1889 Arnold Avenue Andrews AFB, Maryland 20774 Type: Professional Career Fair