Finance Program Cost Control ManagerApply Requisition ID 91551BR Date updated 02/17/2017
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a seasoned Finance Business Manager candidate to join our team in support of the AMCOM Express Systems and Computer Resource Support (SCRS) contract under the Software Engineering Directorate (SED) through the Army Contracting Command Red Stone Arsenal (ACC-R). SED's overall mission is to provide systems and software engineering life-cycle management support for various aviation and missile systems in support of the warfighter. These services include the following: Life Cycle Logistics Sustainment, Program Protection, Software Version Releases, System Modifications, System Engineering, and Program Management.
The Finance Business Manager will be responsible for managing the financial performance of the $50-100M per year contract. This will include supporting the program execution and growth of SCRS. As the key business partner to the SCRS Program Manager, the Business Manager is expected to have a “COO” mindset with a deep understanding of the inner workings of the program.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support to the Program Manager, utilizing standard company tools, and in compliance with standard processes
- Responsible for meeting financial CDRL and billing detail requirements, including merging with teammate (subs) data
- Manage 4-5 direct reports supporting the financial function of the SCRS program. Responsible for direct reports’ performance and provide guidance regarding career development plan
- Establishes, interprets, and recommends modifications to operating policies and procedures that improve the program’s financial position.
- Ensures adequate financial controls that provide a balance between finance goals and operation’s goals.
- Responsible for knowing incurred costs and committed costs for all authorized work.
- Reviews financial reports, presentations and bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing contract modifications for financial correctness.
- Provides periodic variance analysis and month/year-end close reporting and monitoring, working capital monitoring and analysis, program financial forecasting and contract closeouts
- Ensures program compliance with corporate policies including Sarbanes/Oxley requirements
- Leads cost strategy effort for proposals
- Responsible for preparing finance charts for Program Management Reviews
- Responsible for preparing monthly operating reviews, EAC’s, financial overviews and other reporting activities as required
- Serve as the Lead for the development of the five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis as well as having the ability to coordinate the accumulation and presentation of nonfinancial data
- Support the monthly closing process, provide variance analysis and work within the business and with MSM Finance Team.
- Leads planning and forecasting processes
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and 10 years of Finance Program Control experience.
- Experience providing cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis
- Experience in proposal development and pricing strategies
- Experience with financial CDRL and billing detail requirements, including merging data with teammate (subs) data
- Experience leading a leading a team.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial statement analyses: variance and trend analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Sound analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills Demonstrated ability to lead and influence senior leaders, team members Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Familiar with all types of government contracting including CPFF and T&M Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected
- Demonstrated experience with SAP accounting system tools
- EVMS Certification
- Budgeting and variance analysis skills
- Risk and Opportunity analysis skills
B.S. degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
AL - Huntsville
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
2017 Career Fair at Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
Time: 11:30 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology 41 Berkeley Street Boston, Massachusetts 02116 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Colorado Springs Open House
Time: 11:00 am MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Hyatt Place 503 West Garden of the Gods Road Colorado Springs , Colorado 80907 Type: Professional Career Fair
Corporate Gray Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 12:30 pm ET Address: Army Navy Country Club Arlington, Virginia Type: Professional Career Fair
BloomCon Security Conference
Time: 9:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: Bloomsburg University 400 E 2nd St Kehr Union Building Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania 17815 Type: Professional Career Fair
University of Arizona Industrial Affiliates Corp. Showcase/Career Fair
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 6:00 pm MT Address: Dan Dunlap Stadium Club 1 National Championship Drive Tucson, Arizona 85719 Type: Campus Career Fair
University of Rochester Institute of Optics 2017 Spring Industrial Associates Meeting
Time: 8:00 am ET - 5:30 pm ET Address: Center for Business Engagement / University of Rochester 265 Crittenden Boulevard, Mail Box URV Saunders Research Building, Suite B.360 Rochester, New York 14642 Type: Networking Event