Sr. Systems Administration IIApply Requisition ID 142323BR Date updated 06/11/2019
**$15K sign on bonus is available for current/active cleared at the Top Secret SCI or higher level. **
The Sr. Systems Administration II – Pivotal Platform Operations, you will be part of a highly skilled cross-functional team of individuals delivering modern application platforms as a managed service for the United States Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC).
The Platform Operations position is responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes technologies as a managed service for the AOC enterprise in production operational environments. Working in a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these and supporting technologies to include their integration with external enterprise core services. All these technologies will be hosted in a VMWare VSphere environment, therefore experience working with VMWare is necessary.
The role of Platform Operations will require working very closely with the infrastructure, network and security operations team across one or many geographic theaters of AOC operations to ensure platforms in these distributed environments on classified and unclassified networks are stable, reliable, and always available for applications to run.
As Platform Operations, you will also support the application development teams who are building software products for AOC mission. You will share the status of these environments, answer questions about these environments, available services and their configuration, and offer recommendations on operational aspects that applications need to accommodate in their architecture. You will also implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to streamline the delivery of apps to production environments while aspiring to a culture of continuous process improvements.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability
- Provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storage
- Administer virtualized Linux and Windows systems
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
- Integrate platform with external enterprise core services such as Active Directory Federation Services, DNS etc.
- Work with Service Desk, Incident Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for the designated environments.
- Utilize automation tools to optimize the environments for DevOps.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Works closely with developers and hardware personnel in troubleshooting issues.
- 6+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience with Windows Server Operating System including Active Directory
- Competence in configuring and maintaining VMWare VSphere environments
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / DNS / NTP.
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with production systems and troubleshooting production issues with operating systems and applications
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting/programming languages for automating frequently executed activities such as Python, Perl, Unix shell
- Experience in Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDNs), network micorsegmentation and a familiarity with associated technologies such as NSX-V and NSX-T.
- Certifications including: VMWare Certified Professional, RHCE, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification
- Experience with configuration and management of Authentication technologies including: Active Directory Federated Services using SAML and OAuth 2 protocols
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Security + certification
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- An understanding of Site Reliability Engineering concepts such as Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 14 years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
HI - Hickam AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister